All Topics / General Property / How Is Your Commitment Level?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Profile photo of SalubriousSalubrious
    @salubrious

Commitment = “Doing what you said you would do long after the mood in which you said it is gone”

Just wanted to hear how you guys are doing with what you said you would do a few years ago? How many goals have you reached that you have set?

I set quite a few goals that were not to hard, it just meant that I would go without luxuries like going to the movies and that sort of stuff to reach my goal. In the end I lost nearly everything on a bad bad deal but am now clawing my way back from despair and torment. Things are on the up and even better since I found this site and a group of open-minded entrepreneurial inspirational gold medalist winners.

So how are you going lads? What have you done different or not different to achieve that level of personal satisfaction that only makes its presence felt by reaching what you said you would do all those years ago?

Please share it with us! The good the bad and the ugly!

I would also like to ask what impact Steve’s book has made on your financial lives, how many of you have put it into practice? Has it assisted you and in what way and how many people only started investing in property after reading Steve’s book?

[thumbsup2]

“Dont be looking in your back yard for a four leaf clover when the opportunity of a lifetime could be knocking on your front door….” “Even though you may be on the right track, you can still get run over if you sit there long enough”

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly

Hi Mysta

Well progress is s-l-o-w, but steady. I am still behind on where I would like to be, only because I have a hubby who is somewhat “cautious” in his (our) dealings….but that’s cool; better to be safe than sorry…and believe me, I have been sorry before!!!

Look at it this way, you can’t learn without making mistakes; and if you think you are lucky because you have never made any; then that thought is your first!!!

Keep going, you’ll get there EVENTUALLY !

Cheers,

Jo

Profile photo of SalubriousSalubrious
    @salubrious

I am doing what I said i would do, however once you have been bitten on the arse and there are pieces missing from your backside you do become a lot less complacent![angry2]

One chip at a time Jo[biggrin]

“Dont be looking in your back yard for a four leaf clover when the opportunity of a lifetime could be knocking on your front door….” “Even though you may be on the right track, you can still get run over if you sit there long enough”

@monopoly

Hey Mysta,

I have been bitten so often; I’m all outta cheeks !! LOL [tongue][tongue][tongue]

You’re absolutely right, one chip at a time. I’m with you on that!!

Keep smiling [biggrin][biggrin][biggrin]

Jo

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Mysta,

About 8 years ago, my ex and I (we were partners then) had a goal of buying a place every three years, and having each fully paid out on purchase of the next. We then broke up, and split the properties we had…… buuuuuut… since then, each of us has still followed with that goal. Of course, prices were cheap back then. So it was more the “anita Bell” way of doing things- live like a bum and pay your properties off. Now, it seems people are more into having lots of debt (well, that’s the somersoft way anyhoo). We both (me and my ex) buy properties when our LVR becomes too low, and we need to buy for taxation reasons.

So my motivation is not really an emotional thing- it’s a wage/taxation thing. That’s a big motivator!!

I still have the same excitement/adrenalin rush when I buy a place. For me, buying *is* an emotional thing- not emotionnal motivation, but emotional purchase. I reckon when the high disappears, I’ll get out of the game, because it won’t be fun anymore.

kay henry

@monopoly

I’m with you Kay,

We just purchased another property a few days ago, and I am still on a “high”. That will ease up on “settlement” and then I started to get anxious about busting a boiler in anticipation of the next purchase.

Do you think I should see someone???? LOL

Nevertheless, whatever drives you forward, can only be a good thing as long as you are happy and aren’t hurting anyone.

Cheers,

Jo

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Hi Mysta,

personally, i did reach my goals, that i wanted to achieve in the last year, now… ive sorta steered away from property investing in australia, (and no, im not investing in NZ, but another different country all together).

personally, i have more interest in shares and the international market and now in the process of setting up my first Corporation overseas, similar to the American ones, yet, will still be investing in property, but what the international market has to offer to overseas investors, is much greater and taxation wise and bringing back the money to australia, gives many more opportunities and opens my horizons for other international market to invest in.

Other things, that i am looking at are, some major income streams, yet they will be closer to the end of the year, due to a small language problem, but till then… am very focuses and to be honest, i can see what the future brings up ahead.

Cheers,
    sis

People 4get that by saving just $3 a day & investing it sensibly
    over a working life, you’ll end up with around $1 million

@salubrious
    Originally posted by Still in School:

Hi Mysta,

personally, i did reach my goals, that i wanted to achieve in the last year, now… ive sorta steered away from property investing in australia, (and no, im not investing in NZ, but another different country all together).

personally, i have more interest in shares and the international market and now in the process of setting up my first Corporation overseas, similar to the American ones, yet, will still be investing in property, but what the international market has to offer to overseas investors, is much greater and taxation wise and bringing back the money to australia, gives many more opportunities and opens my horizons for other international market to invest in.

Other things, that i am looking at are, some major income streams, yet they will be closer to the end of the year, due to a small language problem, but till then… am very focuses and to be honest, i can see what the future brings up ahead.

Cheers,
    sis

You mention about property in other countries sis, I have spent some time working in Canada and have seen heaps of opportunity there. How hard would it be as an Aussie to purchase property in such a country?

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Hi Mysta,

its not that hard really at all, but it will be dependant on your foreign income you have, the country im currently looking at investing into, allows me the access to it due to my background and bloodline, but if thats not an issue, it is quite easy to do, same as purchasing in Australia or in other states, though other countries give you more flexibility and access, but its really dependant on the country and its trading agreement with Australia or for what guidelines are available towards foreign investors.

Cheers,
    sis

@salubrious

Any Canadian ladies out there?[blink]

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.