All Topics / General Property / Choosing a selling agent

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Profile photo of jancrowsjancrows
    @jancrows

BJC10

I really love that Sara Henderson quote.
    I think her first book “Strength to Strength” regardless of all the dramas that have unfolded about Bullo River it was great motivational reading. Both drama and humour.
    [biggrin]

Regards

“Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail” Ralph Waldo Emerson

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

<<<<<You lose all rights in some cases to sell the home privately.
    A win/win is if you have your own private sale sign out the front, agent can list it “soley” if you wish but agreed that you would only pay commission should they be the ones who introduce the buyer to the property.>>>>>

This is a rental property. The property is also managed by the same agency. I dont have time nor do I want to hassle the tenant myself. So the agent suits me best.

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

If one signs a contract with an agent, of *course* one is going to have to pay the fees- even if one’s best friend says she or he will buy the house from us the next day. It’s a contract- it’s binding. Perhaps the best thing to do is, when one wishes to sell, to not do anything for a few weeks and perhaps some offers may come through- via osmosis- who knows?

When I got a contract to sell my house, I knew I would be paying the selling costs and the advertising costs- whether it sold the first day or in 3 months or whatever the contract was for. I guess if we are selling, it is a good thing for the house to be sold on day 1, so that we can have the money sooner. People stress about not having their house sold in the first few weeks – and feel like the RE agent is not doing their job. Again, it’s one of those “damned if they do and damned if they don’t” situations. If the RE sells it on day one, they are “ripping us off” by getting their full commission. If they take their time, they are not doing their job and not trying to sell our lovely house.

I know when I list my house, I would like it sold ASAP. I consider the RE is doing their job if they sell it on Day 1 as much as if they sell it in 10 weeks.

kay henry

Profile photo of tomoritomori
    @tomori
    Originally posted by Nathan_b:

Hey paul
    the unit in parramatta i might be able 2 help u out there i am located in baulkham hills.

Hi Nathan,

In what way are you offering to help out?
    BTW, tried emailing you but got a delivery failure ….

Cheers, Paul.

‘The main thing is to keep the Main Thing, the main thing’

Profile photo of Nathan BirchNathan Birch
    Participant
    @nathan-birch

hey mate, i am an agent in baulkham hills maybe if u wish to catch up we can see if we can sell your unit.
    Our office rules are only exclusive agency, but its a no sale no charge basis.

Profile photo of tomoritomori
    @tomori

Hi Nathan_b,

Can you email particulars please, I get delivery failure when I try to mail you.

Cheers, Paul.

‘The main thing is to keep the Main Thing, the main thing’

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.