All Topics / General Property / Capital Gain = Mini Jackpot Lottery ?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Hi Guys,

going through a booming market, and house prices souring through the roof…

…is capital gain… the next best thing to a mini jackpot or winning a small lottery?

Cheers,
    sis

People 4get that by saving just $3 a day & investing it sensibly
    over a working life, you’ll end up with around $1 million

Profile photo of holdencommodoreholdencommodore
    @holdencommodore

Hey SIS, since Ive got an accounting background, my opinion would be a bit biased (and probably not too realistic… bloody accountants! LOL) but I think it depends on the property, and also whether you have actually sold or not. CG = money in the bank. Might be money that’s ended up having been in a good investment with a total good return.

However, it could have been money better spent. Coming off the biggest boom in history as some are claiming it to be, and with hindsight, I doubt you would’ve put your money anywhere else!

Anyway, what Im getting at is that a lot of people who own property are all happy & smiles, but they only have a paper profit. Who knows whether they could actually sell the place quickly if they needed to! Their liquidity in the property might be really ordinary, but they think they’ve had a big win.

Dont know if this is making sense, or whether it actually applies to what you meant by your question, so Im going to shutup now. LOL, plus you know what you’re doing, and Im sure have had a lot of successful CG, so youd know more about it than I would!

(“,) $$$ HoLdEnCoMmOdOrE $$$ (“,)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.