All Topics / Help Needed! / Cash on Cash Return

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of nangunianangunia
    @nangunia

I’m reading 0 to 130 at the moment and need some feedback on cash on cash return. My question is if you paid a smaller deposit say 10% not 20% as Steve has illustrated your intial cash needed would be lower so you would end up with a high cash on cash return?

My actual question is

Why then would you pay a higher deposit?

Or have I got this all wrong!

Profile photo of RussHRussH
    @russh

If it is a commercial property you are required to put up 20% deposit and I guess for res. it depends on your circumstances and what the bank will lend..If you use 20% deposit then you dont need mortgage ins.Brokers will tell more.

So many +CF properties in Western Australia.Let me help you. And we can achieve a win win situation.Russ.

Profile photo of rakkyrakky
    @rakky

A deposit of 20% and a lend of only 80% means you avoid mortgage insurance which is very costly – thousands of dollars infact.

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

Hi there,

The other reason to putting down greater deposits (only if you have more to spare) is that you have paid off a greater part of your debt which allows two things:

1. Increases your return from your rental as you are paying back a smaller interest repayment to the bank. and

2. Increases your equity in that property – thus allowing you to re-borrow a greater amount from that property for the purchase of several other properties.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    George.

“If You never never ask, you’ll never never know”

Profile photo of nangunianangunia
    @nangunia

Thanks everyone for your help on this.

Regards Janet

Profile photo of brentbrent
    Participant
    @brent
    Originally posted by RussH:

If it is a commercial property you are required to put up 20% deposit and I guess for res. it depends on your circumstances and what the bank will lend..If you use 20% deposit then you dont need mortgage ins.Brokers will tell more.

So many +CF properties in Western Australia.Let me help you. And we can achieve a win win situation.Russ.

Keeping an 80% LVR (or better) also tends to keep the banks on your side when it comes to giving you money.

Brent Hodgson
    PropertyInvesting.com
    Admin Manager

I’m going on a property buying tour!

Want to receive the e-mail diary of my trip, hear about some of the great Positive Cashflow deals I find, and perhaps discover some great opportunities for yourself? e-mail or PM me!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.