All Topics / General Property / [cap]ABN needed?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of lifeXlifeX
    @lifex

Whoa!! my first post.
    On advice from accountant and as i am currently in a high personal tax bracket, I have set up a Pty Ltd company solely to manage my IP’s which then transfers a portion of the rent collected to me as personal income. To maximise tax benefit. Question: 1. Do i need an ABN for me personally?
    [cap]

lifexperience

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

personally i would have structured it differently. perhaps a family trust with the ability to distribute to a company to cap the tax at 30%. anyhow, it depends on how you are pulling the cash out of the company as to whether you need an abn. if it is salary, then no. if it is as a management fee or contracting fee then most likely yes.

hope this helps.

Profile photo of shaunwalkershaunwalker
    @shaunwalker

just set up a company.. and no you dont need an ABN, however the bank will NOT release funds from a company account without an ABN. I know what you are all thinking, but myself and 2 others who set up a company at the same time all had this problem. this was two – three weeks ago, and i am still waiting on the ABN.
    cheers
    shaun

Lead, Follow or get out of the bloody way

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

shaunwalker, he was asking about an ABN in his personal name not for the company. with respect to your problem, i would contact the ATO and ask them to fast track the ABN application and issue you with a Safety Net Letter. This will allow the bank to release the funds to you early as the letters are usually sent out in a couple of days.

Profile photo of shaunwalkershaunwalker
    @shaunwalker

my mistake, thought he was talking about a company. i will contact the ato today and see what they can do for me.
    cheers mate
    shaun

Lead, Follow or get out of the bloody way

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.