All Topics / General Property / WHY INVEST IN PROPERTIES NOW

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of MTRMTR
    Participant
    @marisa

Hello all you aspiring property tycoons,

Just wandering whether you are all wandering why we are investing in the property market at the moment when: It is supposedly TOO HOT, should we be smart and just sit and wait. You know that saying buy in gloom sell in boom. AM I MISSING THE POINT…..

Interested in YOUR VIEWS……..

Profile photo of RugbyfanRugbyfan
    @rugbyfan

Marisa

If you find a property in a booming WA town next week with a 17% return are you saying you wouldn’t buy it?

You should be looking constantly for ‘that deal’. Circumstances change every day for people and just because the market is at the top of it’s cycle does not mean you cannot still find attractive deals. Not every property has a stupid price tag on it.

‘Eat rich food, barbeque a yuppie’ [greedy]

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

well Leigh and I still have deals at 17 percent returns coming out our ears, so we are still finding, bird-dogging, and attempting to buy the ones people don’t want ourselves
    (well that’s the plan anyway!)

cheers-
    Mini

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Hi Marisa,

im guessing, your gonna get a mixed response in this topic, but some people are achieving some amazing yeilds still, while others are looking for huge capital gains, it all honesty it depends on what the buyer wants, and if the buyer does a thorough due dillegence, it should leave them well a head, or riding out a booming market.

Cheers,
    sis

People 4get that by saving just $3 a day & investing it sensibly
    over a working life, you’ll end up with around $1 million

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Marisa,

The people above has spoken about high yields, and of course they are gonna take up on huge yielding properties where rent is king- great way to make money, so those CF+ properties are always gonna be a good deal, if the numbers stack up. That’s swhy the CF+ market will always be popular and it’s a matter of seeking out the deals and doing the numbers.

Other people like to find “undervalued” areas which might have plans for future growth (migration predictions, industry moving in etc). The IP one buys in this area might not be CF+ but the investor would be looking to achieve capital growth, and still gain a decent rental income.

For people like me, I’m happy to earn anything around 7%. I fugure the tenant and the tax dude pay off my properties mostly anyway, so I am happy to make the “investment” out of my own money because I love RE [inlove] and I think it’s a good long-term investment.

Oh, the old adage of buy in gloom and sell in boom, is probably less used these days, as everyone is HOLDING their properties. but yeah, the same principle applies when buying- basically, try to buy your property at a good value price. But I doubt people will lose a lot of money in the heated markets. I reckon value for good stock in sydney- even when it was at its most fervent heated prices, will keep its value.

kay henry

Profile photo of ANUBISANUBIS
    Participant
    @anubis

In some ways it doesn’t matter when you buy as much as where you buy and when you sell. Property is not a liquid investment and if you are looking to buy any old place, double your money in a year and get out, you may find it difficult.

You need to know what your strategy is – do you want to find a 40k house in a town of 1000 returning you a profit of $500 a year? Do you want a 300k place costing you 10k a year but with good CG prospects? Do you want something in the middle of these two options.

There are always some good buys around, it’s just a matter of putting in the time/effort and making sure the deal stacks up for you.

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Well written Anubis :) You said it much better than I could.

kay henry

Profile photo of ANUBISANUBIS
    Participant
    @anubis

Flattery will get you everywhere Kay[blush2] but I still think you hit the nail on the head.

Nick

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.