All Topics / Help Needed! / advice on selling

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of PixiePixie
    @pixie

Another topic I need to know is does anybody prefer to sell their properties themselves? if so what are some useful hints. We looked at an agent who follows the Jenman principle and they dont believe in advertising in the papers or on the internet but only rely on the sale board at the front of the property. They say that if anybody is looking for a property they will come into the area and see the signs rather than try and buy from a paper or the internet. What are your thoughts on marketing your property.

Profile photo of woodsmanwoodsman
    @woodsman

Majic,
    If you do a search of Jenman in this forum, you will see much commentary on his approach to selling and various people’s personal experience.

This is one of many – https://www.propertyinvesting.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7199&sortfield=&sortorder=&SearchTerms=jenman%20agent&whichpage=1

James

Profile photo of jancrowsjancrows
    @jancrows

Hi
    This is an interesting question because I dont believe there has been any real “raw data” gathered from buyers/sellers to suggest what really works and what doesnt.

I think alot does depend on working out the likely buyer source in the area where you are selling.For eg.
    Are they investors and where do they come from ??
    Is it families that look to that area to upgrade their current family home?
    Is it a seaside holiday area and do buyers coem from the main town or nearby city??

As people in your area, ask agents, run around with your paper at “open Inspections” and talk to other buyers..ask them their source. For Sale, The newspaper, the net, the local hand out RE guide etc….you can get a good idea at the grass root level then for your area.

Personally I think its a combo of many selling tequniques and I would always have a sign up.
    Selling the home yourself does require alot of research to understand the do’s and donts.. legal advice etc.talk to others that have been through the process in your area.

There are some agents that do very little for a sale commission..and If you gain the knowledge and confidence to give it a go yourself I suggest do it.

Regards

“Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail” Ralph Waldo Emerson

Profile photo of PixiePixie
    @pixie

Thank you, your suggestions have been a great help

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.