All Topics / Site Problems / Feedback / Page(s) loading and focus!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of js2js2
    @js2

I don’t know if this has been bought up. I could find anything on it anywhere.

I’m finding it a bit bugging, reading the forum. There is something that loads the page up give it focus every time when it’s completely loaded.

I am on a 56k modern and when reading the forum right click on the link and start to load the page, i do this for about five pages ( so there loading in the background) because it’s slow on a 56 this is good while reading one the other page(s) is loading.

But everytime you get half way thru a bit of text it pops up in from of you the very last page that has completed loading. And if you are reading the page that has just fully loaded it instantly achors it to the top so you have got to scroll down to try find where you were up to again.

Is there anyway to easily turn this feature off. I don’t see any need for it!

Jaffasoft.

This seems to be about demographic arrangements.

Profile photo of ShusharShushar
    @shushar

There is an option at the top of the page (I don’t think it is on every page, but I know it is at the top of the “Active topics” page) that you can set how often the page reloads.

Maybe you can change that setting. It might help.

Cheers,
    Shushar

“All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney

Profile photo of brentbrent
    Participant
    @brent

Let me just recap to make sure everything I understand is correct – you say that every time the page finishes loading (which can take some time), it automatically jumps up to the top of the screen?

I believe this is just how Internet Explorer works, and so far as I know, there is no feature which you can use to turn this off.

Brent

Profile photo of js2js2
    @js2

It’s doesn’t happen anywhere else.

I don’t beleive it’s an IE problem. Though i have found a way around it, i just have to adjust.

And drop them down instead of forcing them behind.

It’s def bizarre and i havent seen it any where else, forums, web sites or in general surfing! I thought it must have been something in the SNITZ forum softwhere that does it.

There is something making the loaded page once completed the loading process!,”to force it too focus” which means basically to bring it to the front.

It will generally be a line of code in the html that says focus(); at the end of it! It’s a Javascript function!

Thanks for your help.

Profile photo of brentbrent
    Participant
    @brent

Hi Jaffasoft,

I think we may have found the cause.

Because of your last post, it made me take another look at what was actually happening…
    I went through the code, and initially couldn’t see any javascript focus code, or onload code which would move the focus to the top of the screen. But, I did find a .js file.

I asked Alister about this, and it turns out that one of the functions it performs is to put the mouse cursor into the login box at the top of the screen.

Hopefully the solution will be to log into the site.. this should prevent it opening again.

Let me know how it goes

Brent

Profile photo of js2js2
    @js2

You done more then i thought you would do.

Soon as i finally read your post, i though ahhhh, yeah that’s what could do it.

I generally haven’t been logged in, and reading the site.

I switched the auto loggin so that it automatically logs into the site when it first loads, from now on.

Thanks Brent….

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars
    Originally posted by Jaffasoft:

You done more then i thought you would do.

Soon as i finally read your post, i though ahhhh, yeah that’s what could do it.

I generally haven’t been logged in, and reading the site.

I switched the auto loggin so that it automatically logs into the site when it first loads, from now on.

Thanks Brent….

I learned something here, coz I did not do that before I have to logon every time, thanks.

Kind regards

Chan Dollars
    [Retire Young, Retire Rich] [strum]

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Where’s the auto login feature?

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars
    Originally posted by melbear:

Where’s the auto login feature?

Cheers
    Mel

Sorry, what I meant was AutoComplete where you don’t have to type in your username and password every time you login.

it is:
    tools -> Internet Options -> Content -> AutoComplete.

Kind regards

Chan Dollars
    [Retire Young, Retire Rich] [strum]

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.