All Topics / Finance / Re Finance, Ha?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of johngeejohngee
    @johngee

Hi everyone, could someone please explain to me in laymans terms what is actually meant when a person refinances a property that has, say 50k in equity to use on another property purchase. I just need clarity.
    Thanks John Gee[:o)]

Think & Grow Rich!

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Basically they are suggesting that you go to your lender or another lender and increase the current loan and draw sufficient to use as a deposit or to buy outright another property.

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of johngeejohngee
    @johngee

Thanks Simon, just as I thought. So once you refinance you then have a new loan at a greater amount which will alter your return for that first property as well the refinanced loan would be at todays rate, right? Also what are the implecations when you refinace a current loan that is fixed for five years, are there penaltys? Hope to hear your view, Cheers John[:o)]

Think & Grow Rich!

Profile photo of Stuart WemyssStuart Wemyss
    @stuart-wemyss

Correct.

Re: break costs – maybe. It depends what your rate is and what the lenders cost of fund are. We had an aritcle in our newsletter about this. See our Aug/Sept 2003 newletter at http://www.prosolution.com.au/free_newsletter/free_newsletter.php and go to the bottom of the page.

Cheers

Stu

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.