Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of salacioussalacious
    @salacious

Hi PI”s
    I still dont understand why anyone would invest in negatively geared property especially if they were on such a high income or low income for that matter. At least find something neutrally geared.I understand tax implictions but id rather be paying the tax man then the banks at least i have some idea where my or my tennents money is disapearing.( not a debate just your thought)
    Aloha Dom
    [;)]

Profile photo of ajwansajwans
    Participant
    @ajwans

Here’s a tip: generally, high yield dictates lower
    capital growth. It’s all about personal strategy.
    Many negatively geared properties are that way because
    to some extent future CG is priced into the purchase.

Personally, I think that +CF is better when starting
    but after a while $50 a week doesn’t affect your bottom
    line much and that’s the time to switch to the big CG
    fish.

andy

Profile photo of salacioussalacious
    @salacious

What do investors think about this stategy?
    Dom[;)]

Profile photo of bluecatbluecat
    Participant
    @bluecat

Hi,

There are a lot of people that i know that use a similar approach on balancing between CF+ and CF- (whether it is to the extent of SIS) but they use CF- and make sure they are in high growth areas so that they can use those proceeds to help with new properties – the main issue is finding the proeprties that will take off – using the increased rent from the CF+ to pay off the previous loan

it’s one of doing it

cheers,
    bluecat

Do today what you want to do tomorrow

Profile photo of RugbyfanRugbyfan
    @rugbyfan

I believe it is better to diversify your investment strategy. Although having all +ve cashflow properties makes for higher income in the short term, there are of course inherant risks associated with them. Whereas with neutrally or -ve geared properties are usually in areas of good cap. growth and good tenancy.

The idea I feel would be to have a spread of all these types of properties in your portfolio. In other words a mix of high risk and low risk properties.

We currently have only two IP’s, one neutrally geared(Brisbane CBD) and one -ve geared (Sydney). I am still looking for the +ve cashflow properties that I am comfortable with.

‘Eat rich food, barbeque a yuppie’

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars

daaj10242,

There is quite an interesting article in property investor magazine December 03/Jan 04 issue regarding Rental Yields which also talk about this gearing as well.

Those expert have different points of view regarding +ve,-ve,+- cash flow property.

Buy the magazine and have a read.

Warm Regards

ChanDollars
    [Keep going, you’re on your way to financial freedom]

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Dom,

Let me give you an example.

Had you negative geared into waterfront property on Lake Macquarie two years ago your $6-800K investment would now be worth $1.2-1.4M.

This is why people negative gear.

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.