Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of richmondrichmond
    Participant
    @richmond

How about contributing something constructive rather than rubbishing other people’s investment choices.

Why not accept that what’s right for one person is not right for another and vice versa.

Cheers
    r

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

Its just that I keep hearing about buying positive geared property in rural areas. I want to hear from a property investor who has 20 yrs experience, to see if they were happy to have invested in these areas over this long period of time and found the returns exceeded the hassles and that if he has his time again he would still buy in rural areas and not in city areas eventhough there is some short term pain (negative gearing).

I am not satisfied all these people rushing to rural areas is good property investing over the long term. Does the hassle (tenants, low capital growth) over the long term exceed the cost.

And YES – I have read all Jan Somers books. Hers was the first I read.

Thats where I am coming from. Thats my view – all I am saying is be cautious. Thats my final word.

Profile photo of richmondrichmond
    Participant
    @richmond

Fair enough, I wouldn’t invest in tiny towns either… but I do like provincial cities that have steady population projections and development of industry.

Cheers
    r

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.