All Topics / Help Needed! / Whatdya reckon…shall I?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of ThayerThayer
    @thayer

Hey All,

I am new to this webiste and new to the investment game…. However I have today come across a few properties as listed below:

1) $90,000.00 – rented out at $180pw built in 1978 (brick)
    2) $260,000 – rented out at $466pw to an organisation on a 3 year lease.

3) $290,000 – rented out to an organisation for $2275pcm.

4)Duplex Pair – $440,000.00 – to be rented out at $350pw each.($700) for 3 years.

All good homes.

What is the best investment based on my figures do you beleive?

Thayer

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Thayer, they all look like ones I would take further interest in.

Now you need to work out what you’ve got to put in, and how much the interest would be on the remaining loan (don’t forget you’ve got to pay stamp duty and legals out of your own cash).

Then find out all rates, land tax etc. costs, and add that to your interest costs.

Work out what will give you the best cashflow/ cash on cash return.

Also don’t forget to find out when they were all built – remember, post 1985 houses have much better depreciation (non cash deductions[:)]) than do older ones.

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Thayer,

A lot depends on your situation. a 90k investment is a lot different to a 440k investment! How much risk do you want to take? What can you afford? Have you thought about contingencies and an exit plan if something goes wrong? etc etc…

Given that you’re new to the property game, one of the important things to know is that there is no “one size fits all” strategy to all this. You need to look at your personal circumstances and make decisions – not just about rental return etc- but on a wide range of things. Risk assessment and an exit strategy are crucial.

kay henry

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.