All Topics / Opinionated! / wraping – good or bad?

Viewing 21 post (of 21 total)
  • Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

mano,

I am not sure I use the model of “practice” and “person”. I only think about practice- the individuals who do it are pretty much irrelevant to me.

If people chose to provide rates equal to average market bank finance (to “help” first homebuyers) to own their own homes- god, i would be the first to applaud that kind of charity.

If they also found cheap homes (without ripping off the vendor from whom they bought it- probably some poor old guy who doesn’t know what his house is worth, or someone who just got divorced and needs to sell up), and they then onsold the house to the wrappee for the same amount paid for purchase- then I would also applaud the lovely form of charity of putting people into their first home.

See? I have no problem with helping out first homebuyers- and no doubt they would be incredibly appreciative of this kind of assistance. I guess it would be a way for people -who beceme millionaires from the property boom- to give back something to others who want to get into their own homes.

so mano- for me, it is not about who does wrapping- if my mother did it, I’d still despise it.

Provide housing at market rates of interest, and provide a home to first homebuyers at the amount you paid for it. Then I might change my opinion :)

Oh, and by the way… not all of us are hypnotised by the “hype” on tv… some of us just think independently, and others agree. if I wanted to be popularist, I’d be silent about the things that i feel are important. but they seem so important, that I feel I need to speak. The media has nothing to do with it. the media just is a part of me reading 4 newspapers a day, reading articles all over the web etc etc- the “due diligence” of reading all the perspectives i can lay my hands on.

kay henry

Viewing 21 post (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.