All Topics / General Property / Commercial Leasing Fee – Existing Tenants

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of Daniel1Daniel1
    @daniel1

Normally, agents charge 8% to 10 % of the base annual rental for new tenants for leasing fee. Can anyone tell me how much do agents charge the owners for leasing fee for existing tenants who renew a contract/lease (generally speaking)?
    (If there are information on the website please provide the link also)

thanks [:)]

Profile photo of CaptainCaptain
    Participant
    @captain

Afternoon Daniel,

I’m a commercial leasing agent and typically we would charge 50% of our standard scale of fees being 11% of gross annual rent excluding GST for a new 3 year lease or 15% for 5. This applies to negotialtion of a new lease with an existing tenant.
    This is a bit of a grey area though as I know of agents who charge a full scale. It should be detailed in the managing agents agreement and should further stipulate fees in respect to market reviews, exercising of options etc.

Cheers[^]

Profile photo of Daniel1Daniel1
    @daniel1

quote:

Afternoon Daniel,

I’m a commercial leasing agent and typically we would charge 50% of our standard scale of fees being 11% of gross annual rent excluding GST for a new 3 year lease or 15% for 5. This applies to negotialtion of a new lease with an existing tenant.
    This is a bit of a grey area though as I know of agents who charge a full scale. It should be detailed in the managing agents agreement and should further stipulate fees in respect to market reviews, exercising of options etc.

Cheers[^]

Thanks so much Captain, I know some agents who charge the full fee for existing tenants. Thanks for the information. It really helps and must choose and negotiate with agents carefully.

[:D]

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.