All Topics / Hotch Potch / Good book

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of NamasteNamaste
    @namaste

I am reading “Don’t Sign Anything!” by Neil Jenman.

His language is pretty emotive and he repeats himself a few too many times but man if half of what he says is true…!!!!

Mostly I have gotten out of it a long list of things to watch out for when buying or selling. Also I never realised just how much control I can actually have over how it is done. In the past I thought the variuos standard contract terms and conditions that real estate agents use were mostly not negotiable. Not so! This book empowers you to be the one who determines the conditions. Especially good for newbies like me.

Regards,
    Karan.

Profile photo of Matt PMatt P
    @matt-p

Hey all,
    Just on the topics of books and finance, i have a good book to recommend.

MODERATORS FEEL FREE TO DELETE THIS POST IF YOU FEEL NECESSARY, NO OFFENCE TAKEN!

Its called “Being the best you can be in MLM” By John Kalench. MLM being multi level marketing. MLM is not the same as pyramid seling where the people at the top recieve all the profits, and the further down the line you are the less you make. Its a really good book if anyone is interested in MLM or network marketing.

Cheers
    Matt

“If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.”

“Isn’t it time for a change?”

Profile photo of FabianFabian
    @fabian

I haven’t read ‘Don’t Sign Anything’ yet but I’d like to get a hold of it, sounds like it’s got some good legal info in there. Just a word of warning though. I saw Neil Jenman on an ABC report that looked at vendor finance, it featured Steve quite a bit because of his wraps. Neil Jenman was bagging the hell out of vendor finance arrangements, basically calling them scams and unethical. While some people misuse wraps, which has led to their dubious reputation in some circles, when done with the interests of both parties in mind (ala Steve) then everybody wins. Neil Jenman seemed very narrow minded though and was very cynical about it all, so while I’m sure that the facts he presents in his book will be valuable (hence my reason for wanting to buy it) I would take his personal opinions with a grain of salt. He certainly doesn’t come across as someone with a positive outlook and inovative thinking, more like a self-inhibiting sceptic. Sorry about the gripe, I just dislike people who try to smother progressive thinking . . . hey, did you hear they found out the earth was round? [:O] . . . Sorry! LOL

Profile photo of NamasteNamaste
    @namaste

Hi Fabian,

I know what you mean about the negativity of Neil Jenman and yeah it does come out a lot in the book too. I would agree he’s a bit old fashioned too. I don’t agree with all he says but he has a lot of facts in his book not just opinions and I don’t think I could question his ethics. There is still heaps of gems to be found in it so go for it.

Regards,
    Karan.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Good book’ is closed to new replies.