All Topics / General Property / i need some guidance

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of stargazerstargazer
    Participant
    @stargazer

Hi all

I am really getting stuffed around at the moment being i have little experience specifically with this sort of thing i really need some guidance.

The lease i have currently has a clause that CPI indexation is to occur every year. This has not occured. I have sent emails and keep getting delayed. This puts the lease in default as it has occured and not rectified within 21 days.

If i was to go down this path how does one take possession. Do i need a solicitor. This place gets used as short term accomodation people would be put in difficult postions.

I really dont want a major confrontation and i am weighing up that i havent got anything in place if they accept as far as rental arrangements.

This has been part of the reason of considering selling because of continual frustration with this big organisation that wants to dictate the terms and when it suits us so to speak.

I am at a wits end with it but the lease expires in March 2004.

Any suggestions with what course of action i can take and where i stand in this.

Would seeking a PM and let them handle it?

Or let it ride till March and not agree to renew.

regards
    alf

Profile photo of JustAllanJustAllan
    Participant
    @justallan

Not really much help to you, but for your interest… My wife & I used to rent a house that was owned by a RAAF employee. The RAAF “took care” of renting it out on his behalf, but had passed the management of all their houses in this area to normal real estates agents…

We were supposed to get a water usage bill every quarter (I think it was). We were there three years. We paid two, maybe three water bills in that entire time. I was always chasing the real estate for the bill, because I was afraid of getting lumped with one large water bill when we left (from the real estate estimating the water meter, all the way back from the last bill we’d received).

I’d get the real estate to phone Defence, who would say they’d lost the bill. This happened many times. Often, by the time the real estate *did* receive a bill, they would tell us there was some law about receiving bills within a certain amount of time and that we weren’t required to pay most it after that set time period anyway.

Then we moved out – you guessed it – a large water bill, because Defence had finally got their act together. (Not the entire 3 years worth of usage thank goodness, but it *was* more than we were expecting.)

My point? Don’t expect any results in a hurry (if ever), if you go chasing them for what you’re owed. They don’t seem to have anyone who could be bothered with the paperwork.

Allan.

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

alf, I would get your contract and take it to a property solicitor and get them to chase it up for you. At the very least they can look at the contract and advise you of your options.

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of stargazerstargazer
    Participant
    @stargazer

Hi all

Thanks for your responses. Yes i felt the solicitor may have been the way to go.

regards
    alf

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

alf, in response to your other post, email should be in your inbox.

Cheers
    Mel

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.