All Topics / General Property / Equity and Investing – Your thoughts ??

Viewing 3 posts - 21 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Profile photo of MonkeyMagicMonkeyMagic
    @monkeymagic

fatboy, I would agree with the not investing in something you don’t know. (paying of the ppor would be my choice). There is a lot to learn about the stockmarket and there are many ways tto do it. That is one of the reasons it is so fascinating.

I believe that the stockmarket has ads and disads over property and that it moves at different times to property. I think the biggest disadvantage is with the difficulty to gear in the stockmarket where as with property leverage is pretty easy. I think higher returns are also possible but property provides a better income stream.

BTW phil the new topic is up.

Josh

Profile photo of annaw2annaw2
    Participant
    @annaw2

Hi FatBoy,

No, not from Mackay. Going to Cairns next week to check on the IPs though.

Live on 80 acres – semi-retired, ride an ag quad round this place too, goes well!!!

Anna

Profile photo of HousesOnlyHousesOnly
    Participant
    @housesonly

If your PPOR has a mortgage with redraw facility (not much chance it doesnt) then I would wack the $150K into that and wait for the right deal whenever that was to come up. That way you are saving 6%pa after tax and have cash on hand to buy whenever you want to. I personally prefer to buy IP near where I live (Bris.) and thus cannot find too many +ve CF IP’s worth buying right now. I dont like the idea of buying these dumps which often have problematic tenants and poor CG even if they are yielding 8-10%pa. I would prefer to go for a better location and aim for neutrally geared or even slighty -ve, but not much.

Viewing 3 posts - 21 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.