All Topics / Hotch Potch / Interest Only Loan

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of PolarBearPolarBear
    @polarbear

Sorry about the name usage I’m a newbie and didn’t konw you existed polar_bear – the system let me in.
    Question to all –
    We have a small business in country victoria and are looking for finance – $85,000 interest only for 5 years, we are able to offer the business as security or 2nd mortgage on our small farm. We are happy to pay 7.5 – 8% or a little higher if we absolutely have to.

Profile photo of Mobile MortgageMobile Mortgage
    @mobile-mortgage

Hi Polar Bear

Im not to sure about using the buisness as security,
    How much equity do you have in the farm?
    you will have to post some more details to receive any specific advice, if you would prefer not to disclose this on the forum you can send me an e-mail if you like.
    Regards
    Steven.

[email protected]
    http://www.mobilemortgagemarket.com.au
    Ph: 0402483216

Profile photo of BillfromozBillfromoz
    Participant
    @billfromoz

G’day…

If you did get a loan against your biz the rates would be a killer.

Why not try and Refinance your Real Estate and just have a higher First Mortgage? This will be your cheapest option by far.

Cheers and hope you have another $85k in equity.

Bill

Bill O’Mara
    Real Estate,Mortgages,Share Market Strategies.
    [email protected]

Profile photo of 2muchmoney2muchmoney
    Participant
    @2muchmoney

hey anybody

me and my partner are wanting to purchase our first investment property but are unsure what steps to take in order to purchase the investment. we currently have our own home and are thinking about using the equity in that. the problem lies in the fact that when we built our house we lacked the money to landscape it and looking out the back looks a little like a dessert we are not sure whether to wait till we have saved a few thousand (could take a while) or just go ahead and invest as i heard that when refinnacing the bank will come and look at the property. because of the house boom though we still think that we would have at least 100k in equity.

any help would be muchly appreciated

thanks Simon

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Simon

Don’t worry about not landscaping the property with property values have done what they have over the last few years i am sure that you will have equity in the property.

Question comes about how to structure the loan. Loc is usually best served as it gives you the flexibility to act fast in the future as well as keeping your home loan separate to any investment borrowings.

If you want to email me with further personal details i might be able to suggest a few things.

Cheers Richard
    [email protected]
    http://www.fhog.com.au

There is no such thing as a problem.
    Just a solution waiting to be found

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of shaunwalkershaunwalker
    @shaunwalker

using a LOC is what i did. the tax breaks are pretty good, but as steve says in his book. know what your entry and exit fees are. I didnt look into this and came as quite a shock. Though after further investigation the entry/exit fees were good, but am paying way to much in interest rates which i hadnt calcualated on
    For Melbear
    am looking into changing my loan now thanks for your advice

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Interest Only Loan’ is closed to new replies.