All Topics / General Property / Money in the Bank or CG neutral IP?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Maybe I’m just feeling tired, but I’m a bit confused. Could anyone tell me if putting say, 100k into some kind of interest-bearing account for a year (at, say, 10% which is available in a few places), is a much worse idea than putting that 100k into property that might not achieve capital gain in that year.

So I get 10k return, no tax deductions, but no expenses either. some of these IP’s we are looking at- we know there might not be great CG’s- so if people help me out on this one, would you mind assuming for me that the 100k worth of IP bought has no capital gain.

Does money in the bank put me way behind the [8] if the interest rate is decent?

kay

Profile photo of BillfromozBillfromoz
    Participant
    @billfromoz

G’day Kay…

10% Bank interest? I hesitate to ask Which Bank?

For my money I would certainly put your $$ in a safe bank, Rather than expect to make a profit in the last legs of a R/E Boom. But, have you considered the Share Mkt?

The DJIA has gone up about 32% in the past 12 months. Why ignore the next Boom ..it’s only a year old.

Bill

Bill O’Mara
    Real Estate,Mortgages,Share Market Strategies.
    [email protected]

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

There are other options available.

A friend of mine described a venture capital firm that invests money in bio tech start ups. He said the money was capital guaranteed and historically returned 20 – 30% pa.

I don’t know a lot about this and am not making any recommendations here – merely pointing out that there are lots of opportunities out there for a person open to them.

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.