Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of ozzpomozzpom
    @ozzpom

Can anyone tell me about Borrowing interest only loan as against Principle and Interest are there fors and against especially in investing with the view of passive income i would love to get some feed back thanks Danny[:)]

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Most people choose either for personal preferences. The only real time I would strongly recommend anything is as follows:

If you have a PPOR debt and an IP debt then the IP debt should be IO until the PPOR is paid out. Reason – the IP interest is tax deductible whereas the PPOR isn’t.

Hope this helps.

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of BillfromozBillfromoz
    Participant
    @billfromoz

G’day Ozzpom…

A bit of both in my opinion.

To achieve that you need to structure your loan(s) in such a way that they are tax effective.

To advise you further would require a detailed analysis of your: income, assets and liabilities.

Yes, there are fors and against, so you set up your portfolio to accommodate both. I have done it successfully for 10 years.
    If interested to know more please email me :

[email protected]

and I will forward you a PFA for self analysis.
    Personal Financial Analysis….

Cheers for now

Bill

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.