All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Anyone been to a Jenman seminar?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of hgwellshgwells
    @hgwells

there’s one in my area on the 23rdSep and am thinking of going. Was it worthwhile or all hype, what could I expect from attending? HG

Profile photo of Brett2Brett2
    Participant
    @brett2

I believe you get what you pay for as steve says these free seminars can be very dangerous with their information. From what i know of jenman is that is against sertain investments. in my opinion i wouldnt go but it is your desicion. (you would learn more on this forum.)
    Brett

Profile photo of JesterJester
    @jester

I have been to a Jenman seminar and found it to be useful, insofar as it deals with exposing the shonky practices of the real estate industry. There is not much on property investment – he does expose some of the shonks and charlatans and what to look out for. He is VERY skeptical of property “gurus” and is contemptuous of wraps which he regards as an unethical form of investment.

His advice as to how to avoid the pitfalls of buying & selling your home was helpful. I dont agree with everything that he stands for, but it was interesting to hear another point of view. I hope that helps.

Best of luck.

Profile photo of wayneLwayneL
    @waynel

I have been to one also.

Just as Jester has said, very good info if you are an average consumer wishing to buy or sell a home.

My “promoting self interest detector” registered only a slight reading. But thats ok, nothing wrong with promoting your business. He has just disguised it as “consumer protection”

I saw two major purposes for the meeting.

1/ Finding people who were interested in selling in the near future and convincing them to use a Jenman agent. Although he stated he wouldn’t be promoting any particular agent, he ended up promoting the local “Jenman Approved” agent by name, which here in Cranbourne is Finnings.

2/ This is the subtle one[;)] finding potential “agents representitive” candidates. The Jenman group makes money by training candidates and placing them in member offices.

He did promote a method of real estate investment which was as you might imagine, very conservative; purchase a property with at least 7% gross yield, finance with a PI loan and have enough deposit to at least make the investment cashflow neutral…in other words have a big deposit.

He is an impassioned speaker and quite entertaining. All in all a good thing for mums & dads but nothing really for the property investor.

Cheers
    Wayne

Profile photo of hgwellshgwells
    @hgwells

thanks Brett, Jester and Wayne, will go and have a listen to what he has to say. Liked the “promoting self interest detector” Wayne, my other half has a similiar one, failed the 10 min test! enjoy the rest of Sunday – HG

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Anyone been to a Jenman seminar?’ is closed to new replies.