All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Peter Flanagan’s Intro Brisbane 12/09

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of AoreEstateAoreEstate
    Participant
    @aoreestate

I attended Peter’s free intro night with my wife and decided to see if I could find any other information about him on the net today. The search led me to this forum. I had already registered with PropertyInvesting.com after reading Steve’s book 0-130 last month. I was lucky to get it the day after it hit the bookshelves in Brisbane.

I found the intro interesting, but found that after reading Dolf’s, Steve’s, Kiosaki’s and Burley’s books, I was bored. I felt like I was hearing the same things again, with little real information I could take away with me. Having been involved in various network marketing businesses in the past 4 years, I was already fluent in the statistics. The truth is my wife and I have been seeking the pot of gold for he last 4 years! We did, however, decide to take action – we registered!

The only way we feel we can evolve and achieve our dreams is by biting the bullet and getting ourselves into a course. The course was offered on the night for $6995 (partner attends free), with a deposit paid up front of $995. The course will be held in Sydney mid November.

I read all the other posts about Peter on this forum, and now I’m left hesitant. I received a PowWow email this morning. I had previously added myself to the list of recipients to be notified on Dolf’s course in December. The price is comparable. Peter’s course goes for 4 days (Fri-Mon) and Dolf’s goes for 2 days (Sat-Sun). I will certainly get along to Dolf’s intro on the 8 Nov. but I’m torn about whether to do Peter’s or Dolf’s course. We can only afford one this year.

I guess I’m hoping to be consoled – maybe someone can tell me I have made the right decision to book into Peter’s course? Anyway, one or the other it will be. We’re newbies at property investment and are keen to get started.

Profile photo of MelanieMelanie
    @melanie

Hi & welcom [:)]

I attended Peter Flannagan’s course at Coolum in July – it was three very long days (approx 14hours each) and only cost $5000 for a couple. The real value for me was an introduction to a wide range of strategies and possibilities and a good hard go-get-em push into investing, plus a couple of superb guest speakers Dymphna Boholt and Billy Zheng. As for Peter’s info, unfortunately while he smiles a lot and keeps you entertained and motivated, he doesn’t explain overly much and if you’ve signed up expecting more grit than you’ve had from reading all those books you will invariably be disappointed as several more active property investing participants have already commented on this forum. The best thing for me was really the people I’ve met and the things I am doing with those other investors now that is making the world of property so exciting – this forum included, it’s great for a wide range of views and knowledge.

Re Dr Dolf De Roos – I’m also contemplating his seminar and study guide material as overall he appears to be more highly regarded and more informative. On balance, I’d say he sounds like the course to attend.

Cheers,
    Mel
    [email protected]

Profile photo of AoreEstateAoreEstate
    Participant
    @aoreestate

Thanks for the reply Melanie. As coincidence would have it I was browsing your website (led to it from another thread) while you were busy replying to me!

I’m quite interested in your ‘no doc’ product as I am and have always been a self-employed contractor. Being located in Brisbane, I think we’ll be meeting soon. My wife and I need to consult with a broker, to discuss our finance options and how to best present ourselves to any lending organisation.

Your comments are making me want to cancel our registration for the course. I realize the course will offer he benefit of networking with other ‘like-minded’ people, but is that worth $7000+? AT the moment I’m tempted to forego any course, and sink the potentials fees into a deal or two. I’m so damn impatient. I feel like I’ve been preparing for aeons.

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Aore

I agree with Melanie’s comments about seminars in general. Based in Milton we have wrapped over 120 properties in Queensland ourselves and roughly the same again for our Investors. Save the money and use it towards your next property. Same as Melanie happy to give you a overview of Lodoc loans if you need it.

Cheers Richard
    [email protected]

There is no such thing as a problem.
    Just a solution waiting to be found

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of MelanieMelanie
    @melanie

Impatience is a good thing!!

I’d be happy to chat about your options, my contact number is 0438 548 235 – look forward to hearing from you.

[:)]
    Mel

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Peter Flanagan’s Intro Brisbane 12/09’ is closed to new replies.