All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Income TAX Question

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of hwd007hwd007
    @hwd007

Now on another note, can you advise me about my perceptions on matters property and income tax. Now I see that after a year of property ownership, you’re taxable income will jump by a fair amount depending on you’re rental income. In my case $14,560 for my first Investment Property. Thus I assume this is added to you’re wages to get total income, against which you then offset you’re property expenses.

Does this in effect have the potential to push you into a higher tax bracket ? making the next property investment even more affordable the next time around? Whether you are doing an end year or 15-15 assessment from there, I assume you are moving closer to higher tax bracket and thus better positions for the next property tax deduction benefits ?

Profile photo of hwd007hwd007
    @hwd007

Is that how it works ?

Profile photo of truebluetrueblue
    @trueblue

It depends on your net rental income, not just your rental income. If your property is -vely geared, your income goes down. If +vely geared, it goes up. Kapish?

Profile photo of hwd007hwd007
    @hwd007

Ahh so its your net cash flow for the year which determines your net income. of course ! then u get ur deductions for depreciation. Doh! Thanx i should have known that. i did know it but i forgot. :/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Income TAX Question’ is closed to new replies.