All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Renewing the goals

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of SooshieSooshie
    @sooshie

Hi there,

Today Mike and I had a chat with Grizzly Bear. The purpose was to ‘nut’ out some difficult decisions/ options on how to proceed with some IP’s.
    Fortunately for Dave, Mike and I had already discussed our options, but it always helps to have an ‘unbiased’ eye help put things in perspective, which made it easier for Dave to come in and say ‘Hey, let’s move along and make a decision…TODAY!’
    I guess the first question is to ask yourself what is your investment goal [?]
    In order to answer this, you must know what type of person you are (i.e. passive, aggressive, assertive, a good listener, a go-getter etc ).
    Break each step into small steps before trying to jump. What is your intended outcome [?]
    To make a lot of money [?] To help people [?] Perhaps both [?]
    There is always a way of turning a negative into a positive or at least a neutral.
    Now, if your following this, you’re doing better than I am. I’ve just had a finger nails worth of white wine and I don’t think I’m legible enough to type, let alone make sense.
    I might continue this post when my head stops spinning. I think my spelling has improved though [:D]
    What I’ve mentioned so far, is a mixture of ideas from the meeting.
    Keeping things simple and always returning to your initial goal will help you keep your focus. It’s okay to reassess your methodology in order to fine tune your objectives.
    In fact, something which was very clear, despite the vast difference in our experience of buying houses (Dave being at Z and Mike and I being at C), we both realised a number of things.
    1) Problems occur regardless of where you are on the food chain/ survival chain.
    2) We learn from seeing how things are done, both by experience and by also watching how others do things. This is a continuous, dynamic experience…Learning…you never stop learning. I was amazed at how through just doing a small number of IP’s how much we’ve learnt. Trial and error is great, but a plan is better.
    3) The fundemental asset in PI is yourself. You create your own luck.
    4) Make sure your goals are the same (read about my investment suggestion to my hubby below [;)])

Now as I read this, I’ve probably become even more cryptic than my mate Steve [;)] [:D] So I will stop here and carry on at a more appropriate time.
    I can’t believe 1 cm worth of white wine (Alc 12%) could cause me to be so woozy [?] It’s true I haven’t had any wine since before I got pregnant with PIP almost 5 years ago, maybe I’ve lost my tolerance. You might think this is off the topic, and it is, but just something funny to leave you with…
    I say “Honey, how about we purchase some investment wines and celler them and sell them at a later date [?]”
    “Maybe” says hubby
    Today, I get home from Target and a box marked FRAGILE is on my doorstep.
    “Honey, do you know what this box is?” I ask
    Hubby “Yep, they’re the wines I ordered”
    Excitedly I ask “Investment wines”
    Hubby “No, the drinking wines” [:P]

Cheers and have a slurry evening [;)]

Sooshie [:D]

There are no problems, only solutions

Profile photo of GrizzlyBearGrizzlyBear
    @grizzlybear

Hi Sara

I also enjoyed the chat.

I will be testing you today on where you are at.

My mind was also racing as I drove back home about my business and making sure I was also onthe right track.

See you in a few hours.

Night

Dave

Profile photo of SooshieSooshie
    @sooshie

Night Night Grizzly Bear

I thought it might… (I mean working through your thoughts. You’ll find a note from me in your inbox on one of the topics discussed).

I thought about some of the things you mentioned later on aswell, irrespective of IP’s, about life in general and I was hoping that it would be nice just to make people pause, stop and think about how what they do impacts on other’s lives.

How nice it would be if everyone could have a positive impact on someones life.

Ta Dave [:X]

Hope the Mrs is feeling better

Cheers

Moi [:)]

There are no problems, only solutions

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Renewing the goals’ is closed to new replies.