All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Investment coach/mentor wanted

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of andrewkimber2andrewkimber2
    Participant
    @andrewkimber2

I am in the early stages of starting my investment activities with property. I live in Albury, NSW and have been researching the area for over 12 months now. Fortunately I recognised my passion for real estate a couple of years ago so research is like a hobby now.

My goal is to buy around 2 properties a year in Albury-Wodonga. I want to be aggressive, but not reckless in the investment commitments that I make. I want to try and keep risk to a minimum, but recognise that errors will be made along the way (formerly known as the learning curve!!).

The ‘stage’ that I am up to now is forming a network of resources. For example, finance brokers, solicitor, pest and building inspectors, maintenance contractor/s etc. Most of these people have already been sourced.

The most important thing that I don’t have is a coach/mentor that is interested in working with me, and perhaps guiding me through the early stages of active investing. I’m not sourcing someone to speak to on the phone everyday (!!), but rather someone that will take an interest in what I do, has a history of success in real estate investing, and wont mind the odd email asking advice, or being kept up to date with what I think I should be doing.

If there is anyone out there that is interested in being my coach/mentor, regardless of where you’re located, I would appreciate you dropping me an email at: [email protected]

To give you an idea of who I am, I’m a 25 year old Account Manager in the IT Industry. I have a home which I’ve almost finished renovating, and I intend selling for a reasonable profit in Sept/Oct, and will be building a new (but humble!!) home around Nov/Dec this year. I’ve already built up considerable equity in my home, and intend using this to ‘get the ball rolling’ so-to-speak.

Thank you in advance to all that take an interest in this post.

Regards, Andrew. [:)]

Profile photo of rejobberrejobber
    @rejobber

Hi Andrew,

This is my first post and I live in the US. I’m not quite sure how things work in Australia, but the advice I usually give is to do some Bird-dogging, that is find property leads for established Investors. If you bring something to the table, such as good inforamtion that the Investor can use, he will be more likely to provide some mentoring and share his knowledge. It’s win-win, the Investor gets information which saves them time and money. You earn a referral fee and learn the business from the Investor.

I hope this helps a little and good luck.

Barry Grimes
    “bringing the pieces together”
    http://www.realestatejobber.com

Profile photo of LakshmiPropertyInvestorsLakshmiPropertyInvestors
    @lakshmipropertyinvestors

Mate,
    with achievements like yours at 25 years old and your obvious resourcefulness, you don’t need a mentor.
    All you lack is the confidence that comes from personal experience and there’s only one way to get that.
    You are well set up. Just go for it.

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars

Andrew,

After reading your posted I would recommended you to go out there and do it coz you are mentoring yourself. You seem to have a lot of knowledge of investing.

Chan$

Regards

Chandara
    The truth is out there!
    May the force be with you!

Profile photo of andrewkimber2andrewkimber2
    Participant
    @andrewkimber2

Thank you Soma & Chandra for your positive feedback, I appreciate it! [:)]

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Investment coach/mentor wanted’ is closed to new replies.