All Topics / The Treasure Chest / QLD Investment feedback

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of EauSavageEauSavage
    @eausavage

I am considering some investment options in Qld. One is a purchase of a pair of units under one title. These units are serviced and tenanted by pensioners, with rentals based on 85% of the tenant’s pension.

Could anyone who has knowledge or experienced investing with Sunnycove in Qld (www.sunnycove.com.au) provide any information which will help in my research.

Profile photo of Gus_2Gus_2
    @gus_2

I don’t have any specific research or feedback on SunnyCove per se, except to say the notion of investing in retirement living, on the coast, in those regions is right on the money in terms of being on a property investment strategy that seems most likely to produce good returns. Many demographic and geographic experts who invest in property advocate this approach eg Dolf de Roos to name one.[:D]

I did look at the material Sunny Cove supplied and the returns, while positive, were also thin relative to the returns many talk about on this discussion forum. There was a level of certainty about the return that was attractive, but for me, I thought, ‘sounds like a good overall strategy, SunnyCove are onto the trend and will make money, but I would like to look at higher yeilding investments for my dollars’.

I am also concerned at some level, as a Victorian, about these “interstate opportunities” where many people have been burnt. I suppose you could head up there and check it out, but for the level of return, it didn’t appear it was worth it.

I thought my time and money could acheive better returns by following the same trends, but investing more directly in the region rather than through a Sunny Cove that took a slice of the returns. Also in terms of the ‘tenant’, perhaps not focusing on the semi independent pensioner group, but those either a bit younger / more independent, and or those who have a bit more cash to spend. Perhaps a unit in a 4 unit complex, close to the beach?

Gus

p.s. As Dolf de Roos says, “the deal of the century (or decade I can’t remember exactly) comes along once a week”. So be patient and do your research and hopefully you will find a good home for your money. [:)]

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘QLD Investment feedback’ is closed to new replies.