All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Are these seminars worth?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of kutty70kutty70
    @kutty70

Last night i watched the program regarding National investment Institute and about henry kaye.It was quite shocking.Me and my husband went to the seminar only a few weeks before.and even met one of the consultants and had a chat for more than one hour.he was literally rude and tried to use all kinds of techniques to woo us to the program.But we sat there patiently and left .it was a total waste fo time.

after all this i kind of have a bad feeling about all the property investing gurus.

I know that this forum has been helpful in many ways for freshers.
    but i still have a weird feeling about these seminars and people who organise it.

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

My question is kutty, why do they hold seminars, if they are so good at property investing why not stick to that. rene rivkin is the perfect example, he has 17k people on his programe that he tells to buy a stock, but in the mean time he buys in b4 everyone else at a lesser amount and gets out b4 everyone else gets out, and for this he charges $600 p/a. Make no mistake these blokes are only after one thing( that includes steve aswell) the almighty dollar.

Profile photo of kutty70kutty70
    @kutty70

Hi paul,

I think all we have to do is learn as much as we can from these discussion forums and use our own strageties .There is no point blaming these people .they will keep cheating people as long as we let them do it.

in my expirence there is no point in finding faults.

The keyword is learn urself.

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hi,

What’s the secret?

There are two reasons why I run seminars.

1. I don’t have a job as such, however I still need to generate capital to continue my investing to achieve my goals.

2. I actually enjoy sharing with others and have an interest in trying to help them on their own journey to financial independence.

I’m not a charity. What I know has cost hundreds of thousands of dollars to learn. I’ll not cast my pearls to swine (that’s a biblical reference, not a slur on any member), which is why I put a fair price on attending my seminars.

I’m all about education and completing a property due diligence before doing anything.

The bottom line is this… if you want what I know then you’re going to have to pay for it. You’ll either pay me and leverage off my mistakes and knowledge.

Or you’ll do it alone and pay for it indirectly by making your own mistakes.

The choice is yours. I offer a ‘take it or leave it’ service – there is no obligation to buy… yet I will point out that this website resource is 100% funded by the profits it generates.

Regards,

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of SooshieSooshie
    @sooshie

Hi,

Since I am still recovering from surgery, my husband is kindly doing the dishes, leaving me free to respond to the posts here.

Firstly…

quote:

rene rivkin is the perfect example, he has 17k people on his programe that he tells to buy a stock, but in the mean time he buys in b4 everyone else at a lesser amount and gets out b4 everyone else gets out, and for this he charges $600 p/a

Where do you get your information from? Newspapers? TV and Radio.

Perhaps he does, perhaps he doesn’t. Yes, he has been to court etc etc… BUT is the legal system perfect? [?][?][?]

Please don’t defame people on this forum.

The “almighty dollar” is not what everyone is after, maybe a few but not all. It’s a shame that you miss the point of this forum.

My heart truly goes out to you Paul.

Sooshie [:(]

There are no problems, only solutions

Profile photo of LeighLeigh
    @leigh

Although i don’t conduct seminars i think i can relate 100% to why investors like Steve run them, let me give you my example…

For the last 3 years I’ve worked casually as a surfing instructor in the town i grew up in (Warrnambool), i still travel back every fortnight to teach kids how to surf.

Why? Well its not because i need the money (i only end up making about $80 for a days work after my travel expenses), and its not because i’m furthering my surfing skills by teaching first timers. I travel back, put up with freezing cold water, rain, wind and even hail (yes, the lesson usually go’s on ) because i enjoy teaching others what i know and i have a skill others can benifit from. The surfing business also pays me a premium wage well above other employees because of my experience, and qualifications. I dont devote most of my time to teaching though because i can make more money devoting my time to other interests (such as real estate).

When judging speakers on their credibility and ethics why don’t you have a chat to someone that’s been to one of their seminars, attend their introduction seminar, or learn some basics of what they are teaching and make an informated decision for yourself, rather than slander them because some other ‘guru’ in the industry has tainted the overall image.

I’ve been to several seminars myself, and all it takes is common sense and some personal ethics to sort the good speakers from the bad. I’m yet to attend a seminar of Steve’s (pretty keen to but unfortunately tix are sold out [xx(]) from what i’ve seen on this site though, others comments and their admirations of Steve i’m so far impressed and quite confident in his teachings.

Keep up the good work guys [:)]

Profile photo of Gus_2Gus_2
    @gus_2

Hi all,

Having been somewhat involved in the NII programs (Henry Kaye) and feeling pretty disappointed with that involvement I’d strongly recommend people to steer clear of them. Without going into all the detail I’d concur that the people at NII use unethical tactics to get money out of people, that they are motivated to get the sale not really help the individual and that their seminar prices are absolutely over inflated for what you get out of them. In addition their cross selling techniques, which are carefully presented as “we’ll do all the work for you” type services, do come at a heafty price that virtually erodes any potential gains you could make in the short to medium term. NII also heavily emphasise -ve geared property in their seminars which is another downside, especially if you consider the comments on this site about the virtues of PCF property and the costs of -ve geared. In some ways the whole approach reminds me of some of the methods used to sell multi level marketing programs to potential participants.

Obviously, look into it yourselves by all means, but for what it is worth – my opinion is you’d be better off buying other books or attending a cheaper more realisticly priced seminar. At the very least be cautious.

Gus.

FYI – I am going to Steve’s seminar in May/June and I am very much looking forward to the learning and the resultant benefits from implementing some of the strategies etc.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Are these seminars worth?’ is closed to new replies.