All Topics / The Treasure Chest / CBD apartment longterm outlooks/neggearing??

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Hello all… I’ve just found this forum and it sounds jus what I need[:D]

I’m presently surviving a mortgage on a property that has good equity value in a Perth hills suburb. We get by on my income (2 teenage children) and just tread water. ~50K gross.Now that my wife is working.. we are investigating the possibility for long term retirement goal investment through a Perth property company to negatively gear.
    The company that we are dealing with Westpoint Corporation is directing us towards investing in CBD apartment type properties in Perth.

I have found and read the newsletter at propertyinvesting.com which focused on pro’s & con of neg gearing and found it to be well written and very useful.

Are apartment rentals in Perth CBD a growth area??
    Does anyone have predictions for the longterm demand in this area?
    Are there advantages in this investment over suburban managed rental properties??
    Has any one here worked with this company before to negatively gear / invest in property??

Any advice would be graetly appreciated.
    Thanks David

Profile photo of Ninap1Ninap1
    @ninap1

Dave,

I do not know Perth but I found the site below to be very useful for statistics in your area of interest (and are FREE): just select the suburb you are looking to buy in an you will see a graph showing the median price growth from 1998 to 2002 and the growth in %.

http://www2.reiwa.com/content-suburb-detail.cfm?StatsID=19

Cheers,
    Nina

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hi David,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forum.

A couple of questions that I’d welcome a reply to:

1. What were the growth projections that you were told?

2. You say you are just getting by. What is your investing goal?

Hey – if you like, let’s make this a case study?! Did they provide you with a financial analysis? If you’d like to do this then please e-mail me at [email protected]

Cheers,

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Thanks Nina and Steve
    I found the reiwa URL very useful in estimating my presents property value.

We have only just met with the company so we haven’t looked at any options / projections as yet. But will keep you informed. I like the idea of a case study (getting spoiled)[:D]

Our mid term goal is to pay off our residential address. I’m 46 with a goal to retire 55 and have realised that superannuation is not the answer.We have been using a line of credit but have not up to now been using the equity for investment. We now believe that property investment will hopefully put us in a position to achieve the long term goal of retirement at 55??
    Your feedback is fantastic. I’m so glad that I found this forum as I had no idea who to discuss these matters with before.
    Regards David

Profile photo of glendaglenda
    @glenda

quote:

Hello all… I’ve just found this forum and it sounds jus what I need[:D]

I’m presently surviving a mortgage on a property that has good equity value in a Perth hills suburb. We get by on my income (2 teenage children) and just tread water. ~50K gross.Now that my wife is working.. we are investigating the possibility for long term retirement goal investment through a Perth property company to negatively gear.
    The company that we are dealing with Westpoint Corporation is directing us towards investing in CBD apartment type properties in Perth.

I have found and read the newsletter at propertyinvesting.com which focused on pro’s & con of neg gearing and found it to be well written and very useful.

Are apartment rentals in Perth CBD a growth area??
    Does anyone have predictions for the longterm demand in this area?
    Are there advantages in this investment over suburban managed rental properties??
    Has any one here worked with this company before to negatively gear / invest in property??

Any advice would be graetly appreciated.
    Thanks David

Profile photo of glendaglenda
    @glenda

Dave

I found this site a great help at looking at the growth rate and med. price for suburbs in W.A.
    http://www.aussiehomes.com

Glenda

Profile photo of mrhedgemrhedge
    @mrhedge

Hi DooDahDave Perth tends to lag behind other citys,so if you check whats happening over there now it might give you an indication of where this type of prop might be in a years time. My thoughts on this type of property is that by the time they are completed there will be a glut in the market & might pay you to look at somthing with more of a track record for your first one,anyway be patient and do heaps of reseach Good luck Andy

Profile photo of auskenausken
    Participant
    @ausken

Be very careful you do not get your fingers burnt.There has been too much overpricing of units in the C.B.D.,districts.You would be much better off using the equity you have to buy a property,and doing it up.
    You can then see results and get better returns.
    ausken[8]

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Thanks all….. after preliminary research I’m starting to agree with ausken.

David DooDah

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘CBD apartment longterm outlooks/neggearing??’ is closed to new replies.