All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Which price range of property to wrap

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of IBIB
    @ib

If getting deposits together is an issue,
    would it be better to attempt to wrap more
    cheaper properties (ie $45k properties in tassie)
    or wrap fewer larger ones.

It seems to me that the win/win idea of the repayment costing less than rent is easier to achieve the less the property costs.

Should I be aiming to get going in the cheapest possible viable area?

Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks
    IB

Profile photo of BelladonnaBelladonna
    Participant
    @belladonna

Hi IB

I’m a newbie to all this as well but I think you’re on the right track wrt acquiring lower priced properties as +ive cash flow investments. It’s virtually impossible to recover more rent than the cost of the mortgage repayments & expenses once you get over a certain amount.

My trouble has been finding the little blighters… everything I’ve seen so far is very unappealing (i.e. I wouldn’t want to rent it if I were a tenant) or ready for demolition! Takes a lot of hunting around to find a good one.

I’m sure I shall be corrected here but I think you might be confusing two issues here – +ive cash flow properties and wraps. A property doesn’t have to be wrapped in order to be a +ive cash flow property… and to my knowledge by their nature if you are wrapping a property to someone else it is +ive cash flow because you are paying the lender at a lower interest rate than the buyer is paying you as the financier of the wrap deal. At least I think that’s how it works… my big wonder is how to entice someone into a wrap deal if they can just as easily get finance through non conventional lenders at equally inflated rates? What is the incentive for the buyer I wonder?

Profile photo of IBIB
    @ib

Belladonna,

My thinking is that positive geared property is very uncommon, and not without risks. I think our rental yields are just too low in general.

Say something needs fixed – such as replacing a roof for $5,000, that would wipe out a whole years rent on a little cheapie.

Hence the attraction of wraps.

I am aimint to wraps for cashflow, and to park the cashflow in good long term highish yield property.

IB

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Which price range of property to wrap’ is closed to new replies.