All Topics / Legal & Accounting / Should I be worried?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of techhowsetechhowse
    @techhowse

I think I have struck what could be a big problem.

After checking out the latest local magazine, my eye caught an ad for a free investment seminar. I then called in to book a seat just for myself.

Now being a young adult (18), I have never been out to ANY seminars before, I then proceeded with the booking, I provided my name (first and last), address, and home number. After the call I regretted providing my details not knowing what one could do with it.

Ps. I am just worried because the woman I called up to muttered something about a billing address, I then denied to confirm my details until I made sure it wasn’t for billing purposes. She then told me that it was for sending out the booking confirmation letter.

PPS. What should I do if these people are phoney and are out to rip my pockets out for cash/anything?
    PPPS. Is it normal to be obliged to give out your details like that for a free investment seminar?

Profile photo of oziozi
    @ozi

I wouldn’t worry too much. You haven’t attended the seminar, nor have you provided your credit card details. It’s going to be a little hard for them to get money from you, unless you have signed something that has hidden costs in the fine print.

Ozi

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Probably nothing to worry about. They would have wanted you details to try to market their services to you.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    Mortgage Broker
    North Sydney
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.