All Topics / Creative Investing / Positively Geared Property

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Profile photo of MickMick
    Participant
    @mick1980

Hi Guys
    I am trying to find where I can buy a positively geared property?
    Can some one point me into the right direction.

Cheers

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Sorry Mick – you’ll have to do your own research :-)

There’s no shortage of CF+ properties – especially with rates being so low at present. However – just because a property is CF+ doesn’t necessarily make it a good investment.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of Corey BattCorey Batt
    Participant
    @cjaysa

Just be sure to make sure you factor in any holding costs INCLUDING strata fee’s when determining whether the property will be cashflow positive. I’ve seen many a property touted as CF+ when in reality it was reasonably negative.

Outer suburbs of Adelaide, rarely in Brisbane anymore, Tassie, regional NSW – common hunting grounds of the cash flow investor.

Corey Batt | Precision Funding
    http://www.precisionfunding.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Investment Focused Finance Strategist - servicing Australia-wide

Profile photo of JBCJBC
    Participant
    @jbenjamin

Mick I’m in Tassie, send me a PM if you want to talk about this area

Profile photo of D.T.D.T.
    Participant
    @dtraeger

Most of metro adelaide is cashflow positive as are the outer suburbs of brisbane. Country towns in both Vic and NSW could present opportunities as well. I’d stick to mainland if you want some capital growth in the deal as well.

D.T. | DT Property Management
    http://www.dtproperty.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Adelaide Property Management - whole Adelaide metro

Profile photo of JBCJBC
    Participant
    @jbenjamin

That’s true DT not much capital growth in Tassie. Manufactured growth and cashflow are possible but the jobs market and stagnant population doesn’t create much capital growth. Is it any better in outback Vic or NSW?

Profile photo of MickMick
    Participant
    @mick1980

Cheers guys thanks for the feed back

Profile photo of JBCJBC
    Participant
    @jbenjamin

I’ll just add to this Mick, as you’re starting out do some reading to inform yourself. There should be a post somewhere on here about good books to start with. There are a lot of spruikers selling courses or access to positively geared property etc. Don’t pay for that sort of thing. I’ve heard of good training programs too – Steve McKnight, Rick Otton etc but do your due diligence even on the people, products, courses etc before parting with your money.

Profile photo of MickMick
    Participant
    @mick1980

Hi JBC

Thanks for that information.

Profile photo of StannisStannis
    Participant
    @ben-stanton0

Hi Mick,

There are + geared properties around, I have a few myself that I have bought over the last couple of years. As the others say, these wont fall in your lap.

Apartments/units/townhouses and duplexes are what I have that are + geared. Be wary though of anything with strata, as apartments etc. may have better rental yields than your standard 4×2 house, however they also have a higher amount of outgoings that will dig into your cashflow, particularly if the strata has not been managed effectively.

Also there is a massive range between a + geared property and a ‘gangbusters’ + geared property with a myriad of reasons. For example, my apartment in Western Sydney is $1k + geared a year, but say my duplex (both sides) on the Sunshine Coast is $5k + geared. Which one is better in my portfolio?

These reasons can include a high rental yield and low expenses, but can also include a high deposit (smaller mortgage & less interest) which gives you good cashflow, but may not be the best strategy for your success. It comes down to your strategy and the best use of your money. And yes, you guessed it, the Sunshine Coast was a 85% lend, so a smaller mortgage and a good rent return, however depending on your circumstance, this may not be the best use of your funds even though its $4-5k a year + geared.

Good luck and happy hunting.

BS

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.