All Topics / Overseas Deals / ARE YOU SEEING WHAT I’M SEEING? A disappearing middle class.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 92 total)
  • Profile photo of Ziv Nakajima-MagenZiv Nakajima-Magen
    Participant
    @zmagen
    propertybuyerusa wrote:
     We have far superior Education, tech skills, infrastructure and huge domestic demand in comparison with our competitors ….we pretty much control the IMF, World Bank somewhat the UN …and to top it all off we have an army 3x as large and way more advanced than anyone else in the world. 

dude…love the patriotism, but that approach is part of the reason you're not exactly the "supah dupah bestest bet you betcha m'aam" you may think the USA is, at least for the next decade or two…a bit of humility might help your leaders get there, though, which is what the last five years has hopefully taught them. 

To be delicate, all of the above is either not quite accurate or no longer quite accurate, at best. In other cases its much closer to outright blindness on your part, no offense. Those days, if they were ever truly here, are long gone for the US.

Ziv Nakajima-Magen | Nippon Tradings International (NTI)
    http://www.nippontradings.com
    Email Me | Phone Me

Ziv Nakajima-Magen - Partner & Executive Manager, Asia-Pacific @ NTI - Japan Real-Estate Investment Property

Profile photo of FreckleFreckle
    Blocked
    @freckle
    Ziv wrote:
    To be delicate, all of the above is either not quite accurate or no longer quite accurate, at best. In other cases its much closer to outright blindness on your part, no offense. Those days, if they were ever truly here, are long gone for the US.

ROFL…….. you sweet talker you……

I can see where Don's coming from but I agree his patriotism clouds his perspective somewhat. I pretty much disagree with every point he makes.

Profile photo of mattstamattsta
    Participant
    @mattsta

Let me disagree with you on this. I would not want to be American low class and I am sure plenty of non Americans would agree with me. And actually putting people to jail does make money, especially with the number of private prisons operating in the US. The US is the pure capitalistic country, everything has to make money over there. 

Profile photo of Ziv Nakajima-MagenZiv Nakajima-Magen
    Participant
    @zmagen

I love the positive vibes surrounding North American business folk, great fun to be around, very inspiring…just takes a bit of DD to separate reality from wishful thinking when dealing with them. ;)

Email Me | Phone Me

Ziv Nakajima-Magen - Partner & Executive Manager, Asia-Pacific @ NTI - Japan Real-Estate Investment Property

Profile photo of kylermricekylermrice
    Participant
    @kylermrice

The proof is in the money!  Better opportunities now than before the GFC.

Participant
    @zmagen

No doubt, Kyler, wasn't referring to you, or even to the North American RE market, just to the gung-ho "we're number one, no one holds a candle to us" approach that some supah dupah partriotic North Americans seem to possess in spades. :)

Email Me | Phone Me

Profile photo of mattstamattsta
    Participant
    @mattsta

You wrote quite a bit. Let me disagree with you. The US has far from superior education.. Believe me I have studied in the US and other countries have far better education especially middle and high school one. Also, Wall Street knowing how to make money does nothing good to me. I truly believe that the middle class is the very important tool of the economy. The middle class buys the most and most of companies when they sell something – target the middle class. The cheap labor does nothing good since most of Americans are out of jobs because of it and cannot even pay their rent. 

Participant
    @kylermrice

Last i checked we are still number 1… cheeky

Blocked
    @freckle
    kylermrice wrote:
    Last i checked we are still number 1… cheeky

But you're loosing ground at a rate of knots…

Participant
    @kylermrice

I think we will be ok…  You don't have to be number one all the time.  It's no doubt our people need a realty check. 

Blocked
    @freckle
    kylermrice wrote:
    I think we will be ok…

I wish I could share your optimism unfortunately our leaders are making all the same mistakes we made in the past that led to conflict and ruin.

Quote:
    You don't have to be number one all the time.  

No but they all want to and expend endless resources towards that goal. 

Quote:
    It's no doubt our people need a realty check. 

Not just yours.

When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.   Edmund Burke –Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents 1770

Participant
    @zmagen

Who're these "bad men" in this play, freck? Those leaders didn't come from outer space, we're the ones putting them in place time after time.

Email Me | Phone Me

Blocked
    @freckle
    zmagen wrote:
    Those leaders didn't come from outer space, we're the ones putting them in place time after time.

Do you seriously believe that. A choice between Stalin or Hitler is no choice when that's your only options. Candidates are preselected by parties. You get to choose between the candidates they choose to put in front of you. Regardless of who gets into power the corporate sector/1% will then pull their strings.

Honest democracy is an illusion but it's better than an outright dictatorship or theocracy. In reality we live in a plutocracy.

Participant
    @kylermrice

I'm with Freckle, big business is who puts these puppets up there.

Profile photo of Jacqui MiddletonJacqui Middleton
    Participant
    @jacm

I fancy being Prime Minister of Australia.  In fact I do believe I can edit the Wikipeadia page that says who the prime minister is.  Who will vote for me.  Maybe I will make myself the president of the US while I am at it

Jacqui Middleton | Middleton Buyers Advocates
    http://www.middletonbuyersadvocates.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

VIC Buyers' Agents for investors, home buyers & SMSFs.

Participant
    @zmagen

I honestly don't get you, freckle and kyler. Who are these "big business" illuminati and "men in black" you're referring to here exactly? When we stop teaching our children that manipulation, individual wealth, exploitation and buck chasing are the cornerstones of existence is when we'll stop seeing the same replicas of parties and candidates "magically appear" before us time after time.

You want a different president? Make one. Educate your children accordingly. There's no one enforcing a "big business" education system on the poor defenseless working battlers world…it's us putting these big business values up on pedestals for our children and children's children to see generation after generation, and cooking up the next generation of lobbyists to complain about next decade. What are you whining about exactly? Conspiracy theory stuff, seriously…

end rant.

Email Me | Phone Me

Blocked
    @freckle
    zmagen wrote:
    I honestly don't get you, freckle and kyler. Who are these "big business" illuminati and "men in black" you're referring to here exactly? When we stop teaching our children that manipulation, individual wealth, exploitation and buck chasing are the cornerstones of existence is when we'll stop seeing the same replicas of parties and candidates "magically appear" before us time after time.

Abuse of power has been around since time immemorial. We all know and understand that. You only have to look at the global corruption index to understand much of the world is corrupt. The American constitution was designed around that understanding of how power corrupts and was an attempt to minimise it. The right to overthrow ones government is enshrined in that constitution because they knew that absolute power eventually corrupts so therefore the people should understand they have the right to throw out abusive leaders. What we teach our children (I certainly do mine) is that the potential for the corruption of power exists everywhere from the individual (the bully) to the the elite. Prevent and resist it where you can.

In the last 2 years I've had 3 legal run-ins with those who have abused their power at my expense. It cost me to stand up for my rights. I'm fortunate in that I have the skill, knowledge, tools and resources to stand up for myself. Many don't so cop it on the chin and move on. People like me are few and far between. We can't stop it but we can slow it down and hopefully limit its extent so others don't suffer.

It isn't about big business, men in black or illuminati. It's about, how over the decades, those in authority have eroded the safeguards within the system bit by bit until now we face a collapsing system.  How the cost of that collapse will be shifted to and borne by the 99% because the 1% have over decades manipulated the controls within the system to their advantage.

Big business, the men in black, illuminati etc are just the 'old boy network' doing their thing. Corruption and abuses are accelerating as they have done in previous civilizations. They eventually implode and the cycle starts all over again. We are nearing the implosion stage. It's the thing the Chinese fear the most. The US is preparing for it as we speak. FEMA's buying so called rescue vehicles that are simply armored urban warfare vehicles, millions of rounds of ammo, military units practicing crowd control, contracts for 30 000 small UAV's for domestic use – it goes on and on.

Quote:
    There's no one enforcing a "big business" education system on the poor defenseless working battlers world

What world do you live in Ziv. Every message you get from govt and big business is specifically designed to manipulate you through propaganda. Why do think Gina wanted control of a newspaper? It sure as hell wasn't to run a garage sale at discount rates.

Quote:
    …it's us putting these big business values up on pedestals for our children and children's children to see generation after generation, and cooking up the next generation of lobbyists to complain about next decade. What are you whining about exactly? Conspiracy theory stuff, seriously…

end rant.

You're generalising to support your argument – straw man! The big business values we espouse don't include corruption and fraud.

I suppose you think the GFC was a conspiracy cooked up by the Occupy Wall Street mob.

Ziv you reflect the general naivety among the masses that big brother is benevolent and always has our best interest at heart above all else. History shows time and time again that to be a fallacy and that those who believe in it ensure we continually repeat mistakes of the past.

Participant
    @zmagen
    Freckle wrote:

It isn't about big business, men in black or illuminati. It's about, how over the decades, those in authority have eroded the safeguards within the system bit by bit until now we face a collapsing system.  How the cost of that collapse will be shifted to and borne by the 99% because the 1% have over decades manipulated the controls within the system to their advantage…Big business, the men in black, illuminati etc are just the 'old boy network' doing their thing. Corruption and abuses are accelerating as they have done in previous civilizations…which world do you live in Ziv. Every message you get from govt and big business is specifically designed to manipulate you through propaganda. Why do think Gina wanted control of a newspaper? It sure as hell wasn't to run a garage sale at discount rates.

we're of the same view, freckle, its just that I don't think there's a climax coming or any particular boys club in control, its us getting what we deserve, centuries of manipulation and abuse and pretense as a doctrine, and it hasn't changed or climaxed at all (at least, not more than usual), just shifted, we're all living in it (unless you're living in an Eco village raising your kids via equal rights commune decisions and living off the land…wild guess, but you're probably more the fortified bunker in the mountain type).

Freckle wrote:
    The big business values we espouse don't include corruption and fraud.

well gee whiz, that's real nice of ya, but unfortunately some of the very basics of the "big business" you're teaching in schools around the world today is based on exploitation, so there's hardly any "big business" about without it. Its a grand idea to think that Gina or Murdoch are unique but hey, who's buying the media hype now? The reason these guys are singled out has nothing to do with the system trying to correct itself, and everything to do with who or what happens to be on top at any given moment. the fact that there's a top to rise to, a competition, a popularity meter, politics as a profession instead of expert guidance and communal decision, is more the problem in my view – but this isn't a discussion that you or I will resolve here today, so I suggest we drop it.

Freckle wrote:
    I suppose you think the GFC was a conspiracy cooked up by the Occupy Wall Street mob…you reflect the general naivety among the masses that big brother is benevolent and always has our best interest at heart above all else. .

no, I simply don't think there's a big brother. It's just us, looking down at ourselves, and having only ourselves to blame. When our values change, so will our future and present, through propagating those values until the system brings forth the best according to the new value set, as opposed to the best of the old krap we still celebrate and teach today. And if you think Gina and her likes, Murdoch, or the few unfortunate sods you caught trying to cheat ya are it, you're the naive party in this discussion. 

Email Me | Phone Me

Participant
    @kylermrice

Bravo fellas, i'm just to dang busy to even have time to reply these days!

Profile photo of DubstepDubstep
    Participant
    @dubstep

Hi Guy's,

The collapse Freckle depicts may not actually be man made event !

Our existence here is largely due to the big yellow ball in the sky, with it's heat and light enabling plants to create oxygen etc.

The sun's liquid / gas mass rotates, with the equator spinning faster than the poles, which creates a continual magnetic flux cycle that results in release of solar flares when it all get too messy.

The large flares have been known to have a big impact on the life of our wee planet, with historical dates aligning from previous known large flares, the collapse of earlier civilisations and the Mayan long count calendar.

The collection of life pods, bunkers and ammunition by peoples and governments is more of a preparation that if the big one comes at the end of the year that they have made some sort of preparation to try and survive. 

Personally, if it does happen I would rather Mrs Dubs and I were not around to endure it !

I do hope things carry on in it's present status quo but just to be sure, Mrs Dubs and are about to embark on a 5 week holiday to the US to make the most of it all, just in case.

I am sure life will carry on as normal in 2013, but it's a good excuse for a holiday anyway !

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 92 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.