All Topics / Help Needed! / Property Mentoring / educating Programs

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Profile photo of BayerBayer
    Participant
    @bayer

I am wanting to educate myself further before buying our next investment property. I do a lot of reading but don't have the confidence in my own decisions. We have pretty much been done with a 'one stop shop' company that talked us into a property that I now know is going to be a very very slow and poor performing property. I went to a 'Positive real estate' one day property game yesterday. They seem to be more of a mentoring program rather than trying to flog you a property. But I am very skeptical now of all these advertised companies now after being sucked in once. The course costs $10k which is a lot of money to invest. Has anyone had anything to do with this company or can anyone recomend a course / mentoring program that they are apart of that that has given them results.

cheers

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Hi Bayer

If you're keen on going down the mentoring path and want good advice from someone that walks the talk, check out Nathan's Birch's dealfinder. The price seems very reasonable and Nathan's got loads and loads of experience.

He recently posted on our facebook wall that he would offer up a few free mentoring sessions (I'm not sure if they've all be taken up or not) – http://www.facebook.com/PassGo

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of Nigel KibelNigel Kibel
    Participant
    @nigel-kibel

I run the mentoring program for Cashflow Capital and we will be running free introduction seminars across Australia. I would be happy to have a chat about what we do. So send me your contact details I would be happy to have a chat

Nigel Kibel | Property Know How
    http://propertyknowhow.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

We have just launched a new website join our membership today

Profile photo of Brendan KellyBrendan Kelly
    Participant
    @brendan-kelly

Hi Bayer,

I am sorry to hear that your investment has turned out to be a little slower in performance than you had hoped. Also sorry that you feel "burned" by the experience.

I'm a property coach and from the conversations I have with so many….  you're not alone.

I think you are wise to look for more education, and particularly on something that works for you. Confidence and wisdom are critical components in making consistant great buying decisons! And this is the aim of any investor!

I also think it's smart in recognising that books alone won't necessarily give you that confidence.

You asked for a program that could offer you unbiased information in a way that is designed to support the participant and not the presenter… Can I encourage you to put a post on the forum and ask people to share their thoughts and expeirience about the RESULTS Mentoring Program.

This program was initiated by Steve McKnight more than 6 years ago and is still running strong.  There's been about 1200 go through the program over the years, so I'm sure someone in the community will be able to give you some unbiased feedback.

Ultimately though… find someone whose done what you're lookingo do, and is willing to support you in achieving the same.

I hope this helps a little.

Brendan

Profile photo of Tracey BTracey B
    Participant
    @tracey-b

Hi Bayer

I have made terrific progress with support from the Results program.  If you type Results Mentoring in the search on this forum you'll find  quite a few posts from others who have participated.  Here's one that might be useful.

https://www.propertyinvesting.com/forums/community/heads-up/4335898?highlight=results%2Cmentoring#comment-232241

Best wishes on your property journey,
    Tracey

Profile photo of InvestwellInvestwell
    Participant
    @investwell

My two cents worth.

Meet with all the groups that offer free advice that want to sell you something and listen to 4 – 5 and either run with the best option you find or use their advice as a starting place and do your own research from there..

Investwell

Profile photo of JPCCMJPCCM
    @jpccm

Adding my 2 cents worth.

I think people that pay (not saying I haven’t done it to get starting knowledge) for seminars and mentors, are people that have fear and are afraid of losing money. Which I think is clearly wrong, because you get plenty of people saying they spent all this money on seminars and mentors only to be burned on the first property and are looking to spend more money on another seminar investment.

Instead of looking at the problem at hand.

I don’t know maybe Im wrong, but that’s how I see it.

Profile photo of BayerBayer
    Participant
    @bayer

Thank you all for your advice. I am going to look into the RESULTS program.It's unfortunate that the intake is only once a year but I will try for next year. Can someone tell me what the cost is and if there are many people participating in RESULTS from WA.

I am wanting a group of like minded people who are out there doing it that I can call up and bounce ideas off, not somebody who is going to try and flogg me a property. 

JPCCM, I understand what you are saying, but we are at the very start of our investing career and I think it's smart to educate yourself 1st and surround yourself with people that have experience, as you do with nearly every other aspect of your life if you want to be successful. I wish I had done this before we brought our 1st investment property but that has been a massive education in its self.

Cheers

Profile photo of wisepearlwisepearl
    @wisepearl

Hey Bayer, I’m in Results 2011 (we just started this week) and am in WA. They do have one group catch up in Perth, and then 3 other interstate ones. Not compulsory to go, I’m aiming to go to the first one in Melb and then decide after that if I’ll fly over for others also.

In Perth there’s also the Active Property Network monthly meetings, cost $20 at the door and always 1-3 guest speakers on various property topics, and a chance to network with other likeminded people.

I used to have the opinion that people who paid $6-10k for education courses or seminars were crazy, and they should spend that money on a deposit instead. However I also note what plenty “experts” have said, and that is to educate yourself, and surround yourself with intelligent people who are experts in their field and know more than you. I figured that if I’m going to do my first property development, there are so many things involved that I have not had experience with, and so many hidden costs to discover and budget for, that if I had the right tools, spreadsheets, training and mentor, I should save that $7000 in my first development due to making less errors! Hopefully the RESULTS course will increase my profit potential and motivate me to set higher goals and achieve them.

If you send me a PM with your email address, I can forward you one of the emails from Perth APN so you can join their email list to hear of future meetings.

Cheers,
    Emma

Profile photo of itsandrewitsandrew
    Participant
    @itsandrew

I've seen this group from Perth post on the website but I can't say if they are any good or not.  http://www.activepropertynetwork.com.au/

It might be worth checking out a bit more.

Andrew

itsandrew

Go as far as you can see and you will see further.

Profile photo of BayerBayer
    Participant
    @bayer

Hi Emma, It's not letting me PM you but Andrew just posted that link about APN so Ill sign myself up for the emails. The meetings soundlike a great way to meet with people. And I agree with you that education before you jump in is a good investment in it's self.

Thank you to you both

Profile photo of SHoltzSHoltz
    @sholtz

Hi Bayer,

I recently attended a one on one strategy session with a wealth coach from Investing for Profit in Queensland.  They have a mentoring program that they are running for free by a guy by the name of Stephen Tolle called the "Millionaire Apprentice Program"  I applied for that program but wasnt successful as there are only a limited number of candidates chosen.  However who knows if you apply…you may have better luck! ;-)

I did found the session very informative and suprisingly learnt a lot!  They also offer a lifetime mentoring program available to all of their clients and this program is totally free!

So before you go forking out $10,000 on a mentoring program, I would definitely give these guys a call!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.