All Topics / Help Needed! / Property Research Software

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of J KoroJ Koro
    @j-koro

Hi all,

My name is Justin and I am new to this site, though I think it is a fantastic forum site.

I am a newbie getting started in residential land development in Queensland.  I'm still getting everything organised, but I thought I'd ask people experienced in property to minimise my mistakes – hope you don't mind!  Regarding the sourcing of properties, I was trawling the internet and asking my investment friends on their choice of software.

The ones mentioned were – RP Data, PDS Live and Property Analyser from Real Estate Investar. My questions are:

• Do any forum members use any of these programs (especially the last one, Property Analyser)?
    • Upsides and downsides? Customer support?
    • Are there any other software packages that I've forgotten?
    • Any other methods of sourcing properties (apart from REAs, realestate.com.au etc)

I'd greatly appreciate help in this matter,

Justin

Profile photo of Jeff JohnsonJeff Johnson
    @jeff-johnson

Hello Justin,
    I have not used Property analyser but use the others daily. RP and psd are similar,  except RP has more photos and has a function for searching properties on the market. This is useful for seeing days on market, price reductions etc.Other software you may find worth exploring is PIA, for budgets,costings etc. There was a trial version on the Australian Property investor website which may allow you to decide if it is going to be of use. http://www.apimagazine.com.au/ 
    One thing I will point out that will be of particular relavence to you if you are going to look at development is that the land zoning on these databases are not often accurate. This is the case in my area where a new town plan was introduced in 05. The zoning info is uploaded via DNR in QLD and only sometimes gets updated when a property changes hands. Some councils have a copy of their town plan available for purchase. This or a close relationship with the council town planner is invaluable. Especially so if you get wind of a property a dud REA has listed quoting the wrong zoning, which can impact on the sale price. All the best, I wish you well and if you want some inspiration , I saw a block recently bought for 1.2M, sold three months later for 5.1M and then sold three months later for 8.4M 

Profile photo of CorieCorie
    Participant
    @corie

Justin,

I see your post is getting a little old now so wont go into too much just yet. Are you still seeking advise on software and internet site's. I am a regular user of Real Estate Investar – property analyser and thoroughly recommend it . If you are still looking for information regarding this site just let me know and I will help you out.

Corie McMillan

Profile photo of jacqui_03jacqui_03
    Participant
    @jacqui_03

Hey,

Can anyone provide any information on other property search engines/software that is more reasonably priced which offers similar options as real estate investar? I have checked out their membership fees and they are pretty pricey.

realestate.com and domain can do my head in as I feel I waste alot of time looking at properties which not match my investing strategy.

If anyone has found some better search engines or softwares I would love to hear about them!

Cheers,

Jacqui

Profile photo of xarpxarp
    Participant
    @xarp
    J Koro wrote:
    Hi all,

My name is Justin and I am new to this site, though I think it is a fantastic forum site.

I am a newbie getting started in residential land development in Queensland.  I'm still getting everything organised, but I thought I'd ask people experienced in property to minimise my mistakes – hope you don't mind!  Regarding the sourcing of properties, I was trawling the internet and asking my investment friends on their choice of software.

The ones mentioned were – RP Data, PDS Live and Property Analyser from Real Estate Investar. My questions are:

• Do any forum members use any of these programs (especially the last one, Property Analyser)?
    • Upsides and downsides? Customer support?
    • Are there any other software packages that I've forgotten?
    • Any other methods of sourcing properties (apart from REAs, realestate.com.au etc)

I'd greatly appreciate help in this matter,

Justin

Hi Justin,

I checked Property Analyser, but is seems to be pretty expensive software. I am using http://www.RealEstateAnalysisFREE.com – it's a free real estate investment software and can definitely do lot of your property analysis. It's worth to try it for sure.

Profile photo of Graeme FreerGraeme Freer
    Participant
    @freerenterprise

Hi Justin
    Checked out the free property analyzer developed by Czech student submitted as part of his Masters Degree. Useful, for US property. For Aus property I use PIA developed by Ian Somers, of Somersoft – Jan Somers husband. Very powerful property analysis software an reasonably priced around $500 with no cost for annual updates for first few years. PM for example  and no I don't get referral fees/kickback in case your are wondering  :)

Graeme Freer | Freer Property and Finance
    http://www.freerpropertyandfinance.com
    Email Me | Phone Me

Buyers Agent

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.