All Topics / Finance / Getting a Home Loan question

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of dank78dank78
    @dank78

Apology if my question doesnt go here.

I am moving to Canberra for work and noticed how high the rental price is over there. It has turned me off from renting and now deciding whether purchasing a property would be more beneficial. It appears the average rent per week is around $320 for a halfish decent 2 bedder in the northside of Canberra.

Now, going by $320 per week in rental, that calculates to $1,280 per month. Which demolishes the $600 per month I am paying here in Geelong for a 2 bedder.

I do qualify for FHOG, I do have $12,000 in the bank as a deposit. Cause I will be starting a new job; how will this affect my chances of qualifying for a home loan? My starting income with this position is $52,000.

Profile photo of arizioarizio
    Participant
    @arizio

Hi Dank78,

Are you moving on to a similar job in same industry?  How long is the probation period for your new job?

Profile photo of dank78dank78
    @dank78

Nah it is completely different to what I am currently doing.

Probation is 3 months

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

I am aware of 1 lender that doesnt worry about probation period but more likely have to wait 3 months.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of coretexcoretex
    Participant
    @coretex

dank,
    i recently got a loan new job same idustry on a probation through westpac no worries, apprently commbank don't care thats what my broker told me.

i just had to provide a letter saying i am doing really well and i am working full time didn't mention the probation.

good luck

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Coretex

Hate to say CBA would not do it since their lending policies changed 23rd march.

Thinks you might have been lucky as they certainly wont to do probationary clients.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of coretexcoretex
    Participant
    @coretex

Richard,

Wow that information i did provide was based on pre approvals back at the end of febuary when i was looking at house loans. I am guessing with the fincial crisis the banks are tighening up there lending requirements.

all the best Dank

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.