All Topics / The Treasure Chest / First Investment Property

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of CraigwaldronCraigwaldron
    Participant
    @craigwaldron

My wife and I are looking to purchase our first investment property. At the moment we are currently looking to buy something outside of the Sydney metro area, as we believe that we can purchase a property at a more realistic price and obtain a better rental return. The question is, what areas should we consider and should we be looking at houses, town houses or units.

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hi Craig,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community!

It might seem like a small question, but it requires a 2-day seminar to provide you with a proper answer.

Might I suggest that the place to start is not “what to buy?”, but rather “what profit outcome do I hope to achieve?”

Furthermore, think through the issue and ascertain when you hope to be financially free from the need to work and then consider whether property can help you achieve this goal.

Your profit outcome choices are either capital gains and/or positive cashflow. Your choice will then determine what kind of property you need to focus on.

As for areas, well, as recent APIM graduates know… good deals exist in all areas when you know what to look for, which is solving the problems of vendor’s and tenants.

Good luck and keep posting!

Regards,

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of hilaryhilary
    @hilary

Hi, Craig.
    I think you probably have an idea of what return/outcome you want to achieve. Try the realestate.com.au site, and try all Sydney suburbs – u might b surprised at what you can find. There is still a bit down there for $200k and under. AND the best thign is that u will have the biggest client base in Oz!
    If you can’t find anything there, then try the larger regionals with uni’s (more clients).
    Good luck![8D][8D]

Profile photo of hilaryhilary
    @hilary

Hi, Craig.
    I think you probably have an idea of what return/outcome you want to achieve. Try the realestate.com.au site, and try all Sydney suburbs – u might b surprised at what you can find. There is still a bit down there for $200k and under. AND the best thign is that u will have the biggest client base in Oz!
    If you can’t find anything there, then try the larger regionals with uni’s (more clients).
    Good luck![8D][8D]

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘First Investment Property’ is closed to new replies.