All Topics / Value Adding / Renovating 2-bdr granny flat on 504 sqm block and subdivision

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of jcso99jcso99
    Participant
    @jcso99

Dear all,

I own 2 bdr 1920s granny flat in Ringwood East which sits on rear of 504 sqm block. The block of 504 sqm that I own is part of sub-divided block. Now, the 2 bdr granny flat is weatherboard house (according to agent, it says my property is worth 600-700K, which I believe is under-valued). For the existing dwelling, my initial thought is to do a major reno by adding an extra to convert it into 4 bdr house. I also want to see if I can further sub-divide my 504 sqm block so that I can build a new 2-storey 4 bedroom townhouse on the lot.

Hence, I am looking for builder contacts (to do reno) as well as town planners contacts that specialize in Ringwood East area. Any referrals will be much appreciated. Cheers John

Profile photo of SDHouseGuysSDHouseGuys
    Participant
    @sdhouseguys

Exciting plans that you have going on John good luck! Hope you find a good contractor. They’re hard to come by.

SDHouseGuys | SD House Guys
    https://sdhouseguys.com/
    Email Me | Phone Me

Real Estate is a team sport.

Profile photo of jcso99jcso99
    Participant
    @jcso99

Dear all, I am doing a reno deal to my rundown granny flat in ringwood east. The house is a 111 sqm weatherboard granny flat with 2 bedroom and 1 bathroom . However , I want to extend the house sideways (already spoken with council and I have enough space to extend sideways without breaching the Private open space requirement) and convert the dwelling into 3 bedroom 2 bathroom house . However , I need a building plan of existing dwelling but my town planner doesn’t do measurements of existing house and he can’t draft something until I have a building plan of existing dwelling with measurements of each room. Has anybody heard of floor planner because this service has been referred to be by my existing property manager but it cost $200 excl GST. Can anybody experience similar situations ? Would love to hear your thoughts ?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.