All Topics / Legal & Accounting / Seeking knowledge on structures

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • charliefaddoul
    Participant
    @charliefaddoul

Hi everyone,

I want to know what the best possible structure for holding properties is and the strategies that the billionaire’s use.

Under a trust structure, the profits are able to be distributed to the beneficiaries.

However, I NEVER want to own anything in my personal name ever and do not want to receive distributions personally for me or future family.

I want to know if a trust structure functions similarly to a company where I would be able to deduct all expenses and reinvest all profits back into the company, acquiring further assets.

Also, would I be able to recycle my income if I held the properties under a company, not a trust. I am finding it difficult to understand the advantages of operating under a trust (other than the superior asset protection it provides). Or would I be able to do essentially the same thing if I held the properties under companies, since I never want receive any distributions.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Charlie

Profile photo of BennyBenny
    @benny

Hi Charlie,

I hear you asking more and more about Trusts.  I can’t help you directly, but I can refer you to Steve’s earlier book – “From 0 – 130 properties in 3.5 years”.   Get the updated version from 2010, then seek out Chapter 9 and DEVOUR it.  I found it fascinating reading on the subject of Trusts and how Steve uses them, and I am sure it will answer a heap of your questions.

Of course, though the book is educational, it cannot replace the worth of a professional (your Lawyer and/or Accountant) well versed in these structures who will be advising you re YOUR OWN situation.

Benny

charliefaddoul
    Participant
    @charliefaddoul

Thanks Benny,

I re-read the book and now consolidated my understanding.

I look foreword to applying this knowledge.

Thanks for your help,

Charlie

Profile photo of PTSMikePTSMike
    Participant
    @ptsmike

Charlie

I’ve published a book on “Things Your Accountant Never Told You About Investing in Property”.  I cover structures as part of the discussions in the book that you might find useful.

It’s free so even better

https://www.propertytaxsolutions.com.au/book/

PTSMike | Property Tax Solutions
    http://www.propertytaxsolutions.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Property Investment Tax Accounting - Sydney | Melbourne | Brisbane | Perth | Adelaide

charliefaddoul
    Participant
    @charliefaddoul

Hi Mike,

Thanks for our phone conversation today, was great speaking to you and absorbing your knowledge.

The link to email you does not seem to be working, do you mind providing me with your email address.

Thanks,

Charlie

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.