All Topics / General Property / 2 dwellings on 1 block

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Dominique Durand
    Participant
    @dominique-durand

I have a 1012sqm block of land flat cleared and would like to put 2 homes 1 3 bedroom and 1 granny flat in qld. Anyone have experience or idea of best solution/way to start this project. Plan both to be rented on completion. Block is 50 ×20 frontage.

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

speak to a town planner to see if it is possible to do first.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Dominique Durand
    Participant
    @dominique-durand
    KellyPete
    Participant
    @kellypete

Where are you planning to build it? Anywhere in Sydney?

KellyPete | Cincinnati Plumbing Company
    https://www.aaplumbing.com/

Dominique Durand
    Participant
    @dominique-durand
    Profile photo of ChrisColeChrisCole
    Participant
    @chriscole

Hmm if your town planner allows it, you should not have any problem building one. I really like the idea of 2 dwellings on 1 but our locals dont allow it.

ChrisCole | Tip-Top Roofing
    https://tiptoproof.com/

Dominique Durand
    Participant
    @dominique-durand

Thanks for advise, talking to a builder whom has drawn a plan but properties would be to close to boundaries if I proceeded. 1.5metre from fence line on either end of block .

Profile photo of BennyBenny
    @benny

Hi Dominique,

It appears to me that things don’t quite compute…..   A quarter acre should be PLENTY big enough to fit a house and a Granny flat, with room to spare.   Some folks do this on half that size block.   Was there something else that was unsaid – e.g. are there easements on the block that can’t be built upon?   Is the house a very LARGE 3 bedder?

Or is there something else I’m missing?

Benny

Dominique Durand
    Participant
    @dominique-durand

Yes sorry there is Benny,

It has to do with the a few rules/regulations size, ect  mainly with the septic location no underground sewerage in my area.

I basically would like to build first property compliant so I can build at later stage.

Cheers

Dom

Profile photo of BennyBenny
    @benny

Ah, right….  That makes more sense now.  Septics can take up a lot of space when using transferation trenches.  Aren’t there now newer ways to handle this?  Have you researched these later septic options, and do they help (i.e. do they take up less space)?   It’s been a long time since I had such a property, so my knowledge today is not great.

Benny

Dominique Durand
    Participant
    @dominique-durand

Fortunately I have not had time  to investigate, meaning the plans /contract is not yet fully finalised to build .And thanks I will investigate further, but when I had plumbing application it was the council whom needed that type of septic design?

I will talk to council and builder about the design and see if I can further reduce the are area of land required.

Thanks Benny for your knowledge.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.