All Topics / Buy, Swap & Sell / New Home buyer

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of gurpreetc75gurpreetc75
    Participant
    @gurpreetc75

Hi

i am currently living on rental. I don’t have any assets. Working fulltime. My wife works part time.

Should i buy property using first home scheme or go for investment property.

i have only saved 5% deposits so far.

what are my options?pls guide me

Thank you

gurpreetc75

Newcomer

Profile photo of BennyBenny
    @benny

Hi Gurpreetc,

The link posted here might provide some thoughts around the subject:-

https://www.propertyinvesting.com/topic/4410491-the-big-picture-for-new-readers-especially/#post-4697967

This takes you to the “Big Picture” thread, then click on the next link seen in that post.   You may wish to check out more of “The Big Picture” too, so scroll through it (further up that page is the Index that tells you what other posts are in the thread.

You mention having a 5% deposit, but for what price house?  See, a 5% deposit for a $1m house might allow you to buy TWO $500k houses.  But then the deposit you have is just one small part of the whole buying process.  First off, check out the above link, to see if that way suits you.  As stated, though buying an investment first is ideal from a financial point of view, it may not be preferential from an emotional or family point of view.

Benny

Profile photo of gurpreetc75gurpreetc75
    Participant
    @gurpreetc75

Thanks Benny

Me and My partner been looking for property worth 650k. We don’t have big deposit and wondering should we take advantage of 5% of mortgage deal by govt to enter into the property market or we have another option of IP ?

with regards

Gurpreet

gurpreetc75

Newcomer

Profile photo of JamesbillsJamesbills
    Participant
    @jamesbills

Hi everyone,  want to buy new home in Melbourne, Can Help me to recommend a reliable Property Investment advisor, Thanks in Advance :)))

Profile photo of InvestnInvestn
    Participant
    @investn

Buying a home to live you will only require a 5% deposit, where with an investment property you will require 10% as a deposit. When buying there is not only the deposit you need for the mortgage, but money to cover loan establishment fees, stamp duty, conveyancing etc. You are best checking cash flow and what it look like buying an investment vs owner occupied property.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.