All Topics / Value Adding / Walk-in-pantry, ensuite off two bedrooms

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Profile photo of jhawthornejhawthorne
    Participant
    @jhawthorne

Before: https://ibb.co/p0C8SDV
    After: https://ibb.co/bgZqbwt

I am considering the following renovations, and want to know your thoughts on whether these will decrease or increase the value of the property:

1. Close off the hallway above the bath and convert this into a walk-in-pantry (WIP) — how much value do you think this would add?
    2. Move bedroom 2’s door to be off the living/ entry hallway.
    3. Add a pocket door from bedroom 2 to the ensuite. This would turn the ensuite into a shared space, which may decrease value (note: there would not be enough room for a double vanity). Is it possible that some buyers would see it as a benefit that bedroom 2 has ensuite access, or is this a bad idea?

Another idea is to turn the new WIP space into a walk-in-robe (WIR) for bedroom 2 and remove the existing BIR; although I don’t think the space is wide enough for this.

[Additional information: There is a third bedroom at the back, which is not shown (to the right of the laundry). I am also considering the option to later turn this into a master bedroom which would be larger than the current master bedroom shown, and have its own WIR and ensuite. I received advice from a friend that if I go ahead with the above suggested renovations, then the bedroom 3 extension would be a must to maintain/increase the property’s value. This is my first home, so I am worried about committing to too many renovations early on; although I should have the funds available within about 5 years.]

Thanks in advance!

• This topic was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by Profile photo of jhawthorne jhawthorne. Reason: Added [Additional information]
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.