All Topics / Help Needed! / IP Rental Increase 2022

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of marknjombomarknjombo
    Participant
    @marknjombo

https://www.realestate.com.au/news/queensland-rents-soar-as-homes-become-harder-to-find/

Can someone point me in the right direction where to get some solid data/information to prove that year-on-year rents went up 18/19% in 2020-2021. I have seen this article but not sure how to get the info. I have an IP with defence housing and they seem to have given me an annual rental increase of only 9%. Rent was $450 a week and has gone up to $490. I think it should be about $550 which is closer to the 18/19% year-on year increase. The property is in Queensland in the Augustine heights, bellbird park, brookwater, springfield area of Ipswich and share the same postcode 4300. Defence housing allow for a secondary valuation – which is great but it’s getting the info that’s the problem. Please help.

Profile photo of BennyBenny
    @benny

Can someone point me in the right direction where to get some solid data/information to prove that year-on-year rents went up 18/19% in 2020-2021.

Hi Mark,

Since I live in Brisbane, I was interested to see for myself.  A quick look around on Google showed me that most sources have called a 9% to 10% rental increase.   This seems to fit with DHA’s response to you.

But then, I have heard that VALUES have increased at around the 20% mark.

The article you linked showed this – “The Sunshine Coast had Queensland’s largest year-on-year increase in weekly rents, up 18.8 per cent.”  And other sources showed that some Regional areas went up 15%, but overall, the rental lift was nearer 10% for most areas.

Benny

Profile photo of marknjombomarknjombo
    Participant
    @marknjombo

Thank you Benny, your feedback is helpful and is very much appreciated.  I’ll see if i can get a valuer to prepare my secondary valuation and see where they sit with this. If i can get 15% that would be better!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.