All Topics / Help Needed! / Need help to evict tenants in QLD

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • RayQld
    Participant
    @geltmanngmail-com

Hi Team,

I need help to evict tenants. They are not back in rent, however, I think they are selling drugs on my premises (No Proof). We haven’t extended the lease and they are on periodic lease. We have sent out notice to leave before and again now and they don’t intend to move out. Any solicitors here who can assist? Property based in Logan, QLD.

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hi mate,

I am sorry to learn of your challenge.

Sometimes in the past I have found that it is easier to offer a carrot, than a stick. This means incentivising the tenant to move out, rather than paying money to force them out.

Perhaps “You’ve been a great tenant, and I want us end on the right foot. If you agree to move out by <date – which is a few days before the due date> , I’d be happy to offer you $x to help you settle in to your new home. How does that sound?”

I also note that there is a tenant dispute mechanism available in Qld, if you go down that road: https://www.rta.qld.gov.au/online-tenancy-dispute-resolution.

Next, you could put it in the hands of a rental manager, who will be happy to resolve it for you, for a fee.

Finally, you could make an appointment with a lawyer to act on your behalf.

Bye,

– Steve

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of irishbreakfastirishbreakfast
    Participant
    @irishbreakfast

Sorry to hear that Ray!

As crazy as Steve’s advice sounds, I’ve heard of people having to do similar. It might help to avoid the chances of tenants doing serious property damage?

Did you have any luck with it? Cheers

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.