All Topics / Forum Frolic / Thoughts of value….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of BennyBenny
    @benny

Now and then, particular sayings or thoughts have me sit up and take notice.  Sharing a few of them here to tempt you to share some of your favourite sayings or thoughts.

“Diversification is protection against ignorance. It makes very little sense for those who know what they’re doing.” – Warren Buffett

“Be disciplined about what you respond and react to. Not everyone or everything deserves your time, energy, and attention. Stay in your light.” – Lalah Delia – Writer

“A friend of mine who worked in Optus said their biggest money maker was complacency (people couldn’t be bothered switching plans or companies to save money)” – author unknown.

“The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”   H. L. Mencken

“Knowledge is being aware of what you can do.  Wisdom is knowing when not to do it” – Anonymous

“Hope is not a lottery ticket you can sit on the sofa and clutch, feeling lucky. It is an axe you break down doors with in an emergency. Hope should shove you out the door, because it will take everything you have to steer the future away from endless war, from the annihilation of the earth’s treasures and the grinding down of the poor and marginal… To hope is to give yourself to the future – and that commitment to the future is what makes the present inhabitable.” – Rebecca Solnit

I like these – how about you?  Do you have some “specials” to share?

Benny

• This topic was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by Profile photo of Benny Benny.
    Profile photo of thecrestthecrest
    Participant
    @thecrest

Some real gems there, thank you.

” If there’s anything wrong with your transport or communications, the rest of your day will be uphill so fix those immediately. ”

” If it doesn’t make sense, you probably don’t have the truth. ”

” When you’re minding kids, never run out of jelly beans .”

Cheers

thecrest

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by Profile photo of thecrest thecrest.

thecrest | Tony Neale - Statewide Motel Brokers
    http://www.statewidemotelbrokers.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

selling motels in NSW

Profile photo of BennyBenny
    @benny

Hi Tony,

I really like the first two, and the third is an extra lift with the humour.   Good stuff.

Benny

Profile photo of irishbreakfastirishbreakfast
    Participant
    @irishbreakfast

“A friend of mine who worked in Optus said their biggest money maker was complacency (people couldn’t be bothered switching plans or companies to save money)” – author unknown. 

This is a simple concept, but powerful. There is definitely a complacency tax. Just look at electricity companies, or insurers for example (or slack property managers). Rates keep coming up every year, and then you call up and amazing ‘we can offer you a discount’. Crazy, but a good reminder that diligence almost always pays off hey!

Profile photo of JaxonJaxon
    Participant
    @jaxona

Great statements/philosophies of life & deep value in them.

some of the ones that play in my head repeatedly are

“do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one – Bruce Lee”

“He who says he can & he who says he can’t are both usually right”

“be greedy when others are fearful & fearful when others are greedy – Buffet”

“when the tide goes out you find out who isnt wearing bathers – Buffet”

“you cannot change the past but you can learn from it – Lion King”

“Im not better than anyone else & no one else is better than me”

Jaxon | Jaxon Avery – Financial Adviser
    http://www.jpafinancialservices.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

JPA Financial Services Pty Ltd

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.