All Topics / Forum Frolic / Internet Banking logging you out within 2 minutes – since today?

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of BennyBenny
    @benny

Hi all,

This morning (23Jun21) I was checking my bank account and, strangely, found that it logged me out again in less than 2 minutes!!!   Logged in again, same same.  Third time, same.   Time to contact the bank.

The NAB help-person suggested I try Chrome – and that has worked.  That person said that NAB themselves use Chrome throughout.  Suggests it is more stable than Firefox….

Firefox must have updated overnight and switched some parameter (???) I have been using Firefox as my browser for some years and NEVER before had this problem.  But, lesson learnt…. time to switch perhaps.

Can anyone out there confirm that Chrome is all around better than Firefox?

Benny

Profile photo of BennyBenny
    @benny

Well, moving to Chrome has been a mixed blessing.

First, it FIXED the problem mentioned (where I was being logged out of my Internet Banking within 2 minutes of logging in).  Then I noticed that things seemed to run faster, so that was a plus.   And logging in to IB was a breeze, and a fast one at that.  Firefox had been quite slow in that area for some time.

The downside was that other little “wrinkles” came along with the change from Firefox to Chrome.   One major one was needing to learn how Chrome did things – and that was not always intuitive.   Also, other things need adjustments or settings changed to work at all – many thanks to our Admin (Dave) who stepped in to help me out there.   I don’t know just what he tweaked, but it worked.

Right now, I continue to find occasional other wrinkles that will also need to be ironed out (or will need the services of Dave again….).    Changing browsers certainly is not just a “set and forget operation”.   I guess, just like any change, it will take time for me to be completely comfortable with the change.   But it HAD to be made.

Even if Firefox does change back whatever parameter was screwing with the Internet Banking, I won’t be going back to it.   I’ll keep the faster laptop that I have now, and attack the wrinkles under Chrome.  Just watch me !!!  Bye Firefox.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.