All Topics / Commercial Property / Commercial Office Property Purchase

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of PeterCPeterC
    Participant
    @pcjc

Hi Team
    I have read quite a few blogs & posts on Commercial property purchasing but I was wondering if anyone had a handy Due Diligence check list?
    I had included the Structural Assessment & Environmental Assessment. What other checks should we be conducting?
    Is there anything else we should check out?
    Our business will be the tenant so that side is secure.
    It is an inner metropolitan suburb, on a main arterial road. Easy access in all directions.
    Are there are any major “Gotcha’s” we should be wary of.

I have checked out the financials …
    The property is looking like ROI = 7.1% . CoC = 11%
    Much appreciate your input.

Peter

PeterC | AccWest Solutions
    Email Me | Phone Me

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hey Peter,

Thanks for your question. Yes, there are heaps, and heaps, and heaps of questions to ask, and matters to address in due diligence… if you want to make an informed purchase that considers risks and rewards.

This has been the focus of the recent study groups I have been running (Inner Circle 1 and Inner Circle 2), where I showcased the DD I did for two commercial property deals, the questions I asked (with checklists), and the outcome.

If you’d like access to recordings of those programs, as well as joining up my next study group, read more here: http://www.PropertyInvesting.com/IC3

All the best,

– Steve

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of PeterCPeterC
    Participant
    @pcjc

Many thanks Steve.

I did register for IC1, but only managed to attend a couple of sessions. Work getting in the way of life :-)

I will review the details I have and plan to register for IC3 as I am sure it will be excellent value again.

Thanks Steve for reminding me!

Cheers

Pete

Email Me | Phone Me

Profile photo of andrewhiteandrewhite
    Participant
    @andrewhite

Generally, there are several areas of due diligence that are addressed on a due diligence checklist, such as corporate structure & general matters, taxes, strategic fit, intellectual property, material assets, and other areas.

Profile photo of andrewhiteandrewhite
    Participant
    @andrewhite

The main reason you need a due diligence checklist is to make sure you don’t overlook anything when acquiring a business. Having a due diligence checklist allows you to see what obligations, liabilities, problematic contracts, intellectual property issues, and litigation risks you’re assuming.  Most of the documents and information on your due diligence checklist are available on request. Once you have the information, it’s up to you to analyze it and decide whether it’s a good investment.

Profile photo of vaxyvaxy
    Participant
    @vaxy

Excellent financial performance! Have you found any lawyers yet? Now they are necessary for every businessman!

Profile photo of vaxyvaxy
    Participant
    @vaxy

You have excellent financial indicators! When I started investing in real estate, I did not see such large percentages! By the way, I advise you to find people who are connected with the law, namely lawyers. I’m telling you as an experienced person! I recommend you to find lawyers because they can save your money from unnecessary taxes. You will also know more information before you start investing money in any industry. Do not forget about taxes, now laws are being passed, in my opinion, against businessmen, since there are a lot of them now and the state wants to make more money from them! Well, good luck to you!

Profile photo of PeterCPeterC
    Participant
    @pcjc

Thanks everyone for your input. Much appreciated.

Email Me | Phone Me

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.