All Topics / Help Needed! / Selling Unit with Tenants

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of Simon1908Simon1908
    Participant
    @simon1908

Hi

I have rental property that I am trying to sell and although the tenants pay their rent they live the property in non presentable state, they are on a month to month contract. I would like to hear any comments or feedback as the property manager mentioned that to get someone to rent it now while its for sale is very difficult. If its empty I don’t get any rent for it and  I might need some furniture in it to complement it.

Any thoughts should I just end the lease? I have spoken to the tenants but its looks like little has changed. I am in Adelaide,

Profile photo of Kara47Kara47
    Participant
    @kara47

Hello Simon,

I’d weigh up how much you would have to discount the property due to presentation vs how much rent you would get. I’d be inclined to move them out, give the place a quick spruce up & put it on the market. I’m currently researching the southern suburbs of Adelaide & anything well presented is snapped up quickly. Suggest you have a look on real estate websites to gauge the difference. The tenants have no interest in helping you sell, as they may get kicked out by the new purchaser anyway. All the Best!

Profile photo of Simon1908Simon1908
    Participant
    @simon1908
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.