All Topics / Commercial Property / Acumen Finance – Nathan Daley Commercial Finance

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of PritchardPritchard
    Participant
    @pritchard

Hello

Have anyone use Acumen Finance of which the Director is Nathan Daley?

I submitted an inquiry online for a commercial loan, and once I clicked the submit button they invoiced me for $1,3mil.

I refused to pay so they put a caveat on my property

There are no terms and conditions listed on their website and they claimed its a contract once I press the submit button.

Is this even legal?

I also just found out the office is registered and operated in Cairns but they got virtual offices from Servcorp and make it sounds like they are a multinational firm.

• This topic was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by Profile photo of Pritchard Pritchard.
    Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Oh dear. Really? How horrible.

Sounds like a trip to your lawyer asap, and possibly a complaint to your local consumer affairs department.

You are right about his ‘office’ – it seems to be a serviced office in Sydney, rather than a bona fide full business address. This would have me doubting the legitimacy of the operation, and the incongruent nature of the business address with the claims made on the website. Have you tried to call the office number? What happens?

I couldn’t see any terms/conditions on their investor enquiry page.

– Steve

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Pritchard

Which State was the property located where they piut the Caveat on ?

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Mortgage Broker helping investors build their wealth thru property
    http://www.mortgagecapitalaustralia.com.au
    Email Me

100% Investment Finance now available on selected properties. Email us for further information.

Profile photo of PritchardPritchard
    Participant
    @pritchard

There are no terms and conditions displayed on the main website.

However, once you click apply now, fill in your enquiry then there will be popup terms which most people would just check the box and click continue.

If you read in details, it said 3% of the loan enquiry is the fees that they will charge regardless of the loans go through or not.

I made an enquiry for a construction loan of around 43mil for high rise development in Sydney so that’s where the 1.3 mils come from.

The company was formed in 2017, and I did call the office. Like all virtual offices, they have a professional receptionist to pick up the phone call

I tried to make complaints to AFCA but they are not licensed so the only option is ASIC.

Now they even put a Caveat on my property. I know there is a severe penalty if someone lodged a caveat with no good reasons and I’ve already engaged my solicitor and will be taking him to court. Its just time consuming and I cannot imagine a practice like this is allowed to operate in Australia

I did some search on him through ASIC and he is living very comfortably at 12 Turpentine st Relynch (Cairns) QLD

I’m very tempted to call Current Affairs to report him but borders are shut of Covid 19.

I guess I just want to people to be aware of this firm and not going anywhere near them

Profile photo of PritchardPritchard
    Participant
    @pritchard

Hi Richard

the property is in Sydney NSW

Profile photo of Freedom2008Freedom2008
    Participant
    @freedom2008

Pritchard, what a horrifying experience!  Thank you for posting this info which has alerted me to be more careful. I do hope you can  get this sorted out quickly.  Wishing you well, Su

Profile photo of Lionheart20Lionheart20
    Participant
    @lionheart20

Pritchard, this broker resides in Sydney and this matter should be reported to police, is an advanced fee fraud scam. This broker has been reported to ASIC numerous times, see:

https://www.ripoffreport.com/report/acumen-finance/sydney-nsw-nathan-daly-broker-1498435

Most brokers pride themselves on ethical conduct this is very unfortunate.

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

You may also want to look up what other lenders operate out of the same premises as trust me the address is well known in the industry for housing Private lender that dont have any money.

We run a 350M private lending business with an AFSL and 2 x ACL. Fully audited by GT and ASIC compliant and now on 7 mortgage aggregators panels.

Trust me we see this sort of thing every day of the week.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Mortgage Broker helping investors build their wealth thru property
    http://www.mortgagecapitalaustralia.com.au
    Email Me

100% Investment Finance now available on selected properties. Email us for further information.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.