All Topics / Help Needed! / Property manger difficulty

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of Norman66Norman66
    Participant
    @norman66

Good evening all,

My property manager (and owner of the agency) has been extremely difficult for both myself and my tenant for the last few months and I have decided to switch agencies. The property manager has refused to send through the lease (the property is in QLD and I am unsure if it’s a form 6 or a form 20) despite being informed we are switching agencies and having asked 3 times for the paperwork. My understanding is that the difference between a form 6 and a form 20 is 30 days vs 90 days…

Is anyone aware of a good lawyer in Queensland who can get some traction for me in this area? I have friends in the area of my investment property and they have told me this property manager is well known for this behaviour and has a history of verbal abuse towards owners and tenants. The relationship between my tenant and property manager has completely broken down and this tenant has been fantastic, I would hate to lose her.

Thanks again,

Norman.

Profile photo of BennyBenny
    @benny

Hi Norman,

Just a thought – have you found a new property manager as yet?  If you have, is it possible they might be able to provide an easier path for you?  e.g. like switching banks – don’t deal with the bank you are leaving, deal with the bank you want to go to (they want your business, so may well handle the “shift” in large part for you).  Or not….

I haven’t tried this personally – I figure it was worth sharing the thought, and someone else might step in if they have tried this themselves…..

Good luck,

Benny

Profile photo of Norman66Norman66
    Participant
    @norman66

Thanks for the reply Benny,

Yes I have engaged with another property agency and they are currently attempting to deal with this property manager. Incidentially I have just recieved a signed form 20 but it was signed between myself and my previous agency who on-sold their lease’s to the agency I am now having trouble with. Fun times…

Profile photo of PrincipalPrincipal
    Participant
    @principal

Benny was spot on.  Any decent agency will handle the whole process of moving for you.  I find landlords generally prefer to have no further contact with an agency they no longer get on with.  Simply sign the new Form 6 (replaced the old Form 20) that has a maximum lock in period of just 1 month. The old Form 20 could be up to 3 months lock in period.  Agencies don’t last long if they treat their landlords badly.  I’m guessing the property is a unit with an onsite manager.  They get rather territorial and hate outside agencies.  Landlords have the freedom to choose whoever they want to manage their property.  No normal agency could afford to be so disagreeable.

Profile photo of BennyBenny
    @benny

Thanks Principal,

Good to hear that is an option that does work – appreciate you taking the time to let us know this,

Regards,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.