All Topics / Help Needed! / 20km from cbd VS. 50km from cbd

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of EjKimEjKim
    Participant
    @ejkim

Hi,

I’m a first home buyer and was doing my research and studies for the first purchase and now I have two options to choose and want to get your advice on it.

1) 20KM from sydney cbd, 600m2 land, 2 bedrooms, the very old house needs renovation or rebuild.

2) 50Km from sydney cbd, 300m2 land, 4 bedrooms brand new and growing area

option #1 is very rare opportunity and I also need to move in and it will cost a bit more and it’s not a good suburb as the crime rate is fairly high. but a possible granny flat opportunity.

option#2 is brand new house 4 bedrooms but still very small land.

Which one do you suggest?

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

High crime rate – are they the official figures or just hearsay?

How long will it take to commute to work from 20km and 50 km (50 km is 2 1/2 times further from the city)

Profile photo of EjKimEjKim
    Participant
    @ejkim

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your comment.

I used NRMA safehome as a guide + and general reputation. I also found this link “http://crimetool.bocsar.nsw.gov.au/bocsar/” and confirmed that the area has relatively higher crime rate.

Commute time to sydney CBD : 20km (57minutes) vs 50km (1.5 hours)

50km away from CBD is Hills district area so people often find a job in that district meaning that they’re not necessary to commute to Sydney CBD.

I appreciate for your input.

Profile photo of PetercrompPetercromp
    Participant
    @petercromp

Are they both the same costs ? Are you constrained in terms of Cash ? Does the other suburb crime rate compare with the first one ? I think you may wan to work our numbers/priorities and see which one gives you more comfort. If higher costs are comfortable would you be in a position to afford the expensive one ? I think the response may vary based on who you ask.

Profile photo of HomeBuyerLouisianaHomeBuyerLouisiana
    Participant
    @homebuyerlouisiana

If you are buying this house to live in then I think only you can answer the question. It is obviously a personal choice of where you want to live and not an investment decision.

Sydney is super expensive to buy in but the rent relative to the price is low (yield). Another option is to rent where you want to live and buy an investment property. This will open up your options to other areas and other states. You will be able to make a rational investment decision, whereas a personal resedence is an emotional one.

HomeBuyerLouisiana | Home Buyer Louisiana
    https://homebuyerlouisiana.com

Aussie entrepreneur investing in New Orleans houses

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.